Question about RTO Automatic Transmission And Engine Oil Pressure Tester

1 Answer

I have a 1998 ford contour it has a small rubber hose coming from the transmission pan trying to find where it connect to

Posted by Tony gwynn on


1 Answer


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 9 Answers

Hi, this cars have a breathing hose that runs from the pan to the battery box and has no connection. The battery box have two holes at the top where this hose are attached.

Posted on Dec 03, 2013


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I change transmission filter in an automatic 1998 ford contour 2.0 4 cylinder?

filter is inside the transmission pan. So you might as well do a complete service.

Mar 12, 2015 | 1998 Ford Contour

1 Answer

Could you show me or tell mewhere the transmission filter is located on a 1997 ford contour 2.5ltr. v-6?

You have to drop the transmission pan with gasket to get to the transmission filter. About 5 quarts or so of transmission fluid will come out when you drop the pan. You have to buy a new transmission gasket. Do not reuse the old gasket.

Jun 10, 2014 | 1997 Ford Contour

1 Answer

Leaking transmission fluid from the bottom of my 1998 ford contour

trans pan gasket is a possibility they can dry out and crack outward under pressure

Mar 24, 2014 | 1998 Ford Contour

1 Answer

Where does the rubber hose by the transmission range sensor go to on a 99 ford contour 4 cycl

There is a small vent hose that mounts on a black plastic clip by the battery hold down bolt/ nut., if not properly installed fluid will leak from the transmission, while driving the vehicle, we had a new battery installed and the little hose dropped down toward motor.

Oct 26, 2013 | 1999 Ford Contour

1 Answer

How can I replace a valve body in my ford contour automatic transmission?

Have to remove the transaxle most likely ,
to get side cover off

That is not a home drive way job

Jan 18, 2013 | 1998 Ford Contour

1 Answer

Transmission not shifting when pressing on the gas pedal stop a deadstop.vacuum hose from transmission is still attatched to trans but is disconnected from other end.where does the vacuum hose connect to?

modulator on trans if its at bottom on trans(round object on back or side of trans case,or if on engine it connects to vacuum inlet port ir small pipe on inlet manifold ...even near carb,,,efi,really screws up shifting like youve said

Nov 05, 2009 | 1998 Ford Contour

2 Answers

How to change rans filter on 1996 ford contour

You must remove the transmission pan, the filter is inside the transmission.

Apr 15, 2009 | 1996 Ford Contour

1 Answer

97 ford contour gl, info on transmission pan filter installation?

trans filter can only be replaced by taking the trans apart. absolutely not worth it.

Apr 10, 2009 | 1997 Ford Contour

1 Answer

Help with finding a Steal Heater hose line

Yes, just cut the metal line out, leave it bolted in and just remove the metal so you have enough to slide the bubber hose on, make sure you use a ratchet to titghten the hose clamps down nice and tight.

Jul 26, 2008 | 1998 Ford Contour

Not finding what you are looking for?
RTO Automatic Transmission And Engine Oil Pressure Tester Logo

39 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RTO Measuring Tools & Sensors Experts


Level 3 Expert

6746 Answers


Level 3 Expert

747 Answers

Tim Venetis

Level 2 Expert

260 Answers

Are you a RTO Measuring Tool and Sensor Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides