Question about Sunbeam SMW777 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Will not heat

Turned it on, heard a very loud pop. put a sandwich in everything else seems fine light,turntable. no heat

Posted by Samuel Rosa on

Ad

1 Answer

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Sunbeam Master
  • 9,179 Answers

The loud pop was almost certainly the high voltage diode going bad. To find parts, I suggest you call the number on your owner's manual or check with the store where you bought it. Sunbeam may not make this part available, so be prepared. Maybe they have authorized servicers in your area. Ask them about that. Good luck.

Posted on Sep 22, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

No Light and the turntable is not working

Open your microwave completely unscrewed but make sure it is disconnected from the power; check all the other fuses inside, if it doesn't fix the issue then take it to a pro to get this fix.
0helpful
1answer

Yesterday I started heating food in the microwave and immediately heard a loud popping noise. I stopped it to see if there was metal inside. which of course there wasn't any. It now won't heat and the...

There is an internal fuse but if you still have power on the display then likely the main transformer has failed and the cost to repair will likely exceed a replacement.
6helpful
1answer

Less than 5 years old - Microwave Panel lights up, turntable turns, fan works - everything works except it doesn't heat food. Heard a pop, and now it runs louder than before but doesn't heat. Any ideas?

That pop was the magnetron frying. This is a repairable problem, but feirly expensive, around $300 if you have it done by a professional.

Please rate my response if it was helpful to you.

Thanks, Repairman45.
0helpful
1answer

Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Turns On, Heats, but sounds like fans not working. 4 years old, fans worked fine until they seem not as loud anymore. The magnetron is working fine as it heats (did the 1 cup...

Suggest you pull the plug out, remove outer cover and place a cup of water into the micro. Set power to minimum then switch on and take note if the fan works or not. If not, switch off immediately and have it replaced(magnatron will burn out if left to run without fan.)
0helpful
1answer

I went to turn light on and heard a loud pop and saw spark. No lights on unit work. Defrost option does not work. Turntable does not work.

Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with yourMicrowave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101
5helpful
2answers

Microwave popped and now does not heat

Okay, first we need to separate the situations. You were boiling water on the stove and had the range hood fan running to **** up the steam. Then you put something in the microwave to heat and you heard a pop and then zip-o.

The water on the stove has nothing to do with the situation, the fan you turn on is not part of the microwave, so it has nothing to do with the microwave.

The pop you heard and then the humming suggests the magnetron failed. You said you found a blow fuse and replaced it and still nothing, right? The magnetron is the most likely culprit...I would think it is safe to say that the magnetron shorted and drew enough current to blow the fuse.

Replace the magnetron and if that doesn't work, let me know here. Good Luck!
0helpful
1answer

Dacor DMT2420s when started makes a loud buzzing sound

The fan could have an obstuction. I have heard of tech sheets getting into the fan and causing a vibration and vibrating sound.
0helpful
1answer

Everything works except the cooking part/no heating/turntable not turning, help!

you may have gotten a power surge and that can cause some funny things to happen, 1st is there power to the oven, 2nd if so there may be an internal fuse protector built in to the oven, check with the manual for anything of that sort listed. if not you may have to take it in and have it repaired by a pro. there is a lot of voltage in these ovens and unless you know what you are doing a person could get hurt
0helpful
1answer

Heard a loud glass breaking noise, now micro-wave will not heat anything. Turntable works, everything looks fine but no heating. Model#R-1505LK

Does it seems to run louder?

I would suspect a shorted high voltage rectifier diode.

We have the full service manual and have uploaded it to our site here.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
[email protected]
http://www.microwavedisplay.com
Not finding what you are looking for?
Sunbeam SMW777 Microwave Oven Logo

222 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sunbeam Microwave Ovens Experts

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6281 Answers

Alan Matzke
Alan Matzke

Level 2 Expert

113 Answers

Paul Bade

Level 3 Expert

1688 Answers

Are you a Sunbeam Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...