My scanner doesn't communicate with my computer but my printer does
Hi, there are many possibilities why your scanner is undetected by your computer. It can be its logical connection, scanner driver or the scanner itself.
If you have Windows operating system, please check Device Manager. In the Device Manager please check for the following:
1. Any yellow or red X's, question marks or exclamation marks related to the scanner.
2. Under the Category of Imaging Devices - Check for Epson Product name.
If IMAGING DEVICES is listed, test the scanner from PAINT as follows.
If IMAGING DEVICES is not listed then the scanner is not being recognized. Try another USB port or cable until the scanner shows up in the Device Manager. (The scanner must be on and connected in order for the computer to recognize it)
If you see an Imaging Device that points to your Epson Scanner or Unknown Device that has a yellow question mark or exclamation point, you need to update the driver.
Try to scan in Paint to isolate the issue between your computer and scanner.
To scan in Paint, do the following:
1. Click on START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > PAINT.
2. Click on FILE then select FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA.
3. Choose COLOR PICTURE.
If it does not work, it is possible your Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is not started.
To restart this process please follow the steps listed bellow.
1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools
2. Double-click on Services to access the list of available services.
3. In the Services window scroll down to the bottom and double-click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service.
4. Select the STOP option.
5. Click the START option to restore the service.
6. Try scanning again into Paint.
If it scans fine, try scanning from the application that you normally use. If you are still unable to scan or receive any error messages, try reinstalling the scanner driver or software.
If you have Macintosh operating system, please check Apple System Profiler if your scanner is properly detected. The reinstall the scanner driver.
If your scanner is still undetected, please contact your scanner manufacturer for any possible driver updates.