- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check to see if there's a relay providing power to the fan. If there is, the contacts might be sticking in the closed position. Assuming that this is an over-the-range unit, disconnecting the vent fan completely might not be a good idea as heat/steam from foods cooking on the range would more likely damage the microwave.
You will need to check to find out if the microwave has all the power coming to the critical units.
If the latch switch is active then the turntable and fan must work but if there is no heat, the check on the thermal cut off switch fitted on the side of the cabin , if faulty. , the pwoerr will be cut off to the magnetron. Check also to confirm that the high voltage capacitor is working and not shorted or open.
The relay on the main boarrd also must click to switch on or else the relay or relay drive must also be checked out.
If it operates as normal but items don't seem to get hot it probably is a Magnatron failure (microwave producer). More times than not the repair / replacement of a Magnatron these days is not worth the investment, especially if the microwave is 4 years old or older ! You should be able to replace your microwave with a similar featured microwave / hood for about $300 to $400. You might try a JVM1750DMWW by GE great micro/hood for about $300, includes one touch sensor cook capabilities,300 CFM vent fan,removable rack,option to turn the turntable on or off, 1000 watts of cooking power. Good luck !
To allow us to help you effectively (at no charge), please post a NEW problem to FixYa, and please
include your brand name and the full model number from the tag in or on
the unit, your symptoms ("no heat"), as well as the answers to these questions:
- When you try to microwave are the inside light, internal cooling fan and turntable all working?
- Is there any unusual noise or is it louder or quieter than normal?
We have a sound clip here of what a microwave should sound like when the cooling fan and high voltage section are working. A loud buzz, hum, or groan is usually a
shorted high voltage rectifier diode, but a sound like gurgling into an
empty coffee mug is one symptom of a failed magnetron, and yet the mag can
be bad without that sound.
It sounds like the magnetron failed.
Check this link for more info and maybe a way for you to test it for functionality. If you are uncertain on what and how to do it, I would suggest to take to a repair tech.