- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
From the description, sounds like you have two failures, both concerning the mother board.
1. The connection to the motherboard for the battery is no longer good. Replace the mother board. The points of failure that you have given so far and has not fixed the issue. Battery fully charged, seated well, no change, mother board.
2. Laptop will come on with AC adapter attached but will not boot up; mother board. There is a built in test that you can run, from a powered down state press FN + Power button, this puts this into a diagnostic state. If it does not go into this diagnostic; mother board. The diagnostic is stored in the BIOS, which is a part of the mother board.
3. If the diagnostic runs note any error codes that it gives. They will be in the form off XXXX-XXXX or XXXX:XXXX, where the X's represent a letter or a number. These can be used for further trouble shooting.
You may want to verify if the computer is the one that do not turn on. Please check if you see the fan on your computer is working and the LED in the mother board is lit.
IF the computer is working and no display on the monitor, despite seeing a green light on the monitor display, this means that monitor is well connected and communicating well with the cpu. Better check the inverter light on the monitor. Replace busted lights. These are responsible for the image you see in your lcd monitor. If the inverter lights are busted then you'll see only black screen.
It looks like issue with either mother board or processor.
open the box and remove all memey and power it on.
if it makes a beep sound, there is no issue with processor,
else we suscpect processor.
If it make beep sound, it might be mother board issue.
And for checking monitor working condition, remove monitor data cable and see no cable connected messages comes in monitor or not
If all you get is a green light, and no fans, hard drive spin up, nothing on the monitor, well than, it could be that the power supply is the wrong one for your computer. Either that or the motherboard is shot.
double check on the power supply, that is probably the problem.
you need to shut down the computer and pull the power cord off powersupply then remove the wire harness that goes on to the mother board then press the and hold the computer on button for 3 seconds then plug in the the harness back on the mother board and and plug in all power cords then try to turn on the computer it should give u a beep or the monitor should go from orange to green good luck e-mail me if u want [email protected]
Try unplugging the power cord to your computer tower, click the power button to drain the capacitors in the mother board then plug the power cord back in and try to boot up. Has helped me repair several similar black screen problems. Chuck [email protected]