The start button heated the water and went through the full cycle. then the ring light quit blinking and the serve button was pushed. the pump started, but makes a subdued sound compared to the sound it makes when working properly. it sounds as though the pump is clogged. is there a procedure to clean the pump system?
Yes, it is called descaling. Use a descaling solution, or vinegar and water, and follow the procedure for flushing your machine. After that, re flush it with plain water- nothing worse than vinegary coffee!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CM3 Operational Sequence.
From Off, push and release the freeze button.
1. If sump is full,water pump starts.If sump is not full,water valve opens to fill it.
2. Compressor starts when sump is full.Air cooled fan motor starts too.
3. water pump stops early in freeze cycle for 30 seconds.
4. Sump refills after pump starts.
5. In low ambient condition,fan motor may begin to cycle on and off.
6. Freeze continues until water level in sump drops to preset point. Exceptions: SCE275 must fill sump two more times.
7. Fan may shut off before the end of freeze.
8. Harvest begins. Hot gas valve opens,pump stops.
9. Pump restarts, inlet water valve opens to fill and overflow the reservoir.
10. Harvest continues for preset first cycle harvest time.
11. If bin is not full, cycle repeats ( compressor stays on). If bin is full, unit shuts off at the end of harvest.
OK with that out of the way unless you unplugged any wires cleaning the machine should not have caused any problems. First cut off water and pull water supply line from water inlet valve look in the end of valve there is a screen in there it could be stopped up. If the valve screen is not stopped up then put supply water line back on and turn water back on. power the CM3 controller off. push freeze button. now with a voltage meter check at the water inlet valve to make sure you are getting power to the valve.If you are then either valve is stopped up or valve is bad. If you are not getting power to valve then replace the CM3 controller now make sure the bin full light is not on because if it is this will not let controller go back to a freeze cycle.
A blinking clean light that flashes 7 times and cannot be reset, occurs when the electronic control does not detect a water temperature increase during the main wash. This could be an indication of a failed heating element, in line thermostat, electronic control board and/or wiring. This problem can also occur if the main wash pump becomes clogged and it not spraying sufficiently. I hope this helps you.
PS A faulty door latch can also cause this error code.
An angel of mercy on another blog posted this solution and it worked for me as well. My Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher would not work due to the CLEAN light flashing in 7 interval sequences. I followed these steps and my dishwasher is not working perfectly...hope it works for you:
"Well for mine which is a Whirlpool Gold Model # GU2400XTPS3, I found the seq of buttons that I had to push to reset the curcuit board. I think it may of been in this forum somewhere. But I had to push - Sani Rinse, Heated Dry, Sani Rinse, Heated Dry, and then the dishwasher went through it's diagnostic cycle and then after that the light stopped blinking and the dishwasher works great. Supposily, there is a Product Tech Sheet behide the kick panel of every dishwasher, but mine was gone so I had to find the information on the internet. You might want to do a serach for the correct seq of buttons you have to push to reset the curcuit board. If you know for sure that the heating element is bad, you will have to order one. "
today January 9, 2009...blinking clean light, kenmore dishwasher would not run,,,the solution on Fixya ..."keep hitting normal -heated wash-normal -heated wash buttons over and over...unlocked the blinking green light problem. Dishwasher is running as I type this....will post again when I see the results of another washing tomorrow. H.T. Las Vegas Nv
I too had Flashing Clean light and only responded to Cancel light by trying to drain. Whirlpool Model DU1145. I too got problem to clear by pushing High temp,Heated dry, High temp and Heated dry. All lights on display lit up then it went through sequences of all cycles.