Question about Yamaha DVX-S120P System
Cd drive got stuck and Cd was lost in unit. took off the cover and removed cd. Was working fine then the next day won't play at all. When I power on it goes on for a second first displaying Check SP!
It sounds like you might have triggered something internally. I used to have just a plane CD player that had issues with this. It was the sensor for the CD. There was a little wheel that makes it come up and down. for some reason it was off track some times, and sometimes not. That might be an issue with this. Listen to hear if there is any grinding or hesitation sounds on the cd start up. Otherwise, it might be something to do with the power supply. Does it work with anything else? DVD, etc?
Posted on Sep 17, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
To remove a stuck CD from Tascam CC222
This solved the "Now OPC" problem
1. Unplug unit
2. Remove the top cover, (3 screws on each
side and 3 on the back, lift cover).
3. Plug in unit.
4. Power on the unit to observe the drive
spindle spinning clockwise, (1" disc on top of drive).
5. Turn off unit, do not unplug at this
6. Use a small screwdriver to prevent the
drive spindle from spinning.
7. Power on the unit preventing the spin.
8. In approximately 10 seconds the display
will read "Disc Error" and the CD tray will open.
9. Remove the screwdriver and the disc.
10. Turn off the unit and unplug.
11. Replace the cover.
12. Use a better quality disc.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: