Question about HP Compaq Presario SR2013WM (RE468AA#ABA) PC Desktop
For about $39.00 (USD) you can buy a DVD/RW drive. It is very simple to replace.
1. Open computer case (usally secured by two screws) Make sure system is off and unplugged.
2. Removal of the front Bezel may be necessary (usally push tabs)
3. You will see power cable and either IDE or SATA cable, make note of orientation as well as any jumper settings,
4. Remove drive usally secured by either rails or screws, determine which is used and remove. Drive may slide forward or backwards depending on mounting, do not use much force you should see and feel easy path to removal.
5. Set jumpers the same way as removed drive. Slide in new drive, same way as old one was removed. Connect IDE or SATA cable and reconnect power cable.
Replace Bezel if applicable and cover of computer, power up computer and when windows starts, you should see the new drive in my computer. Test with CD or DVD.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
Go to your local radioshack or electronics store and purchase a cleaning disc, usually 15 or 20 bucks. Make sure you get the right one as there are diffrent cleaning discs for dvd or cd. The disc has a microfiber brush that removes dirt and debris as it spins, these can be used in all diffrent cd players, not just computers, car cd players, home. Anyway good luck L8R
Posted on Sep 17, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Dec 06, 2009 | Sony DDU1613 16X DVD-ROM Drive, Black...
Aug 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 13, 2009 | Mitsubishi Lancer Cars & Trucks
Mar 23, 2008 | HP DVD 740VI 16X16 Dual Layer LightScribe...
Jan 26, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2007 | LG (GCC4243N) CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Combo) Burner
220 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: