For about $39.00 (USD) you can buy a DVD/RW drive. It is very simple to replace.
1. Open computer case (usally secured by two screws) Make sure system is off and unplugged.
2. Removal of the front Bezel may be necessary (usally push tabs)
3. You will see power cable and either IDE or SATA cable, make note of orientation as well as any jumper settings,
4. Remove drive usally secured by either rails or screws, determine which is used and remove. Drive may slide forward or backwards depending on mounting, do not use much force you should see and feel easy path to removal.
5. Set jumpers the same way as removed drive. Slide in new drive, same way as old one was removed. Connect IDE or SATA cable and reconnect power cable.
Replace Bezel if applicable and cover of computer, power up computer and when windows starts, you should see the new drive in my computer. Test with CD or DVD.
Go to your local radioshack or electronics store and purchase a cleaning disc, usually 15 or 20 bucks. Make sure you get the right one as there are diffrent cleaning discs for dvd or cd. The disc has a microfiber brush that removes dirt and debris as it spins, these can be used in all diffrent cd players, not just computers, car cd players, home. Anyway good luck L8R
Usually answered in minutes!