At Fixya.com, our trusted experts are meticulously vetted and possess extensive experience in their respective fields. Backed by a community of knowledgeable professionals, our platform ensures that the solutions provided are thoroughly researched and validated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The Bluetooth symbol on the bottom left of the screen will not show up unless the unit is linked with a compatible phone and Bluetooth is turned on. When the phone is not connected or the Bluetooth is turned off, you will not see this icon. The same thing goes for the Traffic icon. If you do not have an active traffic receiver connected, the Traffic icon will not show up either.
If you have tried to connect from the unit and from the phone, and neither finds the other, or they won't connect, it is possible the phone may not be compatible with the unit. Not all Bluetooth devices are compatible. Your best bet would be to go to Garmin's website and check the C550 for compatible phones and see if yours is listed.
I had the same problem, and this is how I fixed it. Now it's working fine.
Thank you for contacting Garmin International,
you are currently running the most current version of bluetooth
software, and you are still seeing issues where your compatible phone
is still not connecting properly, please try the below procedure, which
will reinstall the version of bluetooth you have downloaded in case
there was any corruption during the transfer or installation of the
1. Power the unit on
2. Touch View Map
3. Touch the ETA/Speed button in the bottom left hand corner.
4. press and hold your finger over the speedometer for 10-15 seconds until a new screen appears.
5. Touch next at the bottom of the screen until the top blue banner reads Bluetooth Status.
6. Touch UPDT P, then Touch yes.
At this point the unit should go to a page that says Updating Bluetooth
Firmware, allow this to finish, once finished, press quit, then press
and hold the back button. At this point, go back through and try to
connect your Bluetooth device again.
While the unit is plugged into the computer, it cannot be used as a speaker phone. If you have a cellphone connected via Bluetooth, it will transfer the call to the C550, but you will not hear the other party and vice versa. The unit cannot be manipulated until it is disconnected from the computer.
1) Turn on unit 2) Press VIEW MAP 3) Press SPEED in lower left hand side of map 4) This will bring you to the Trip meter screen on this screen press the round speedometer at the top of the screen for about 10 seconds this will bring you to the SYSTEM BIOS. 5) From this point forward be careful you can mess up your unit by changing the wrong thing. 6) Press NEXT until you come to the BLUETOOTH STATUS screen. 7) Now press UPDT P this should complete your update.