We have a RCA Digital HDTV, when you hit the power button the tv sounds like its turning on but a picture never shows up. as long as the power button is turned on it still sounds like the tv is on. How can this be fixed and what could be broken???
Lcd lamps blown, inverter bad.
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
Try pressing menu to see if you get on screen display,if you get display you have a input problem,check all connections to tv.if that doesn't help i need more info on you're tv setup.
Posted on Sep 16, 2007
Add Your Answer
Tips for a great answer:
- Answer the question.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the
comment box above. - Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.
You can't post answers that contain an email address.
Please enter a valid email address.
The email address entered is already associated to an account.
Login to post Please use English characters only.
Upload an image from your computer
Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video.
Include an image. It's worth a thousand words.
I have a 52" RCA
sounds like the power supply capacitors CP150, CP120 and CP114 need replacement. You can get the RCA repair kit by that same name from
which has the caps and the CD with repair instructions.
Model; P52750WK serial; 340486076
Hit remote power button. Brief " crackling " sound, no picture. No problem with TV since new. There is a brief spark like light with sound.
Not finding what you are looking for?
My samsung TV UN70NU6070FXZC can't turn on, the red light blink 2 times with dark screen and no sound, and this cycle repeated after about 20 seconds again and again. The Tv reboot again and again. Have to unplug power cord to stop it. Samsung Main board BN94-14106C, Power supply board BN44-01016A
1. Disconnect main board from power supply board: plug power cord, backlight on, output=13v ch1=120v ch2=80v ok.
2. Connect power board to main board disconnecting two connectors to screen, it can be turned on/off normally. No T-con board is found, is it included in the main board or side board?
a. TV Standby: red light on, sound off, backlight off. on power board output=12v ch1=ch2=0v, on main board SW=0.1v PW=12vx2, HAVDD=AVDD=VGH=VGHD=0v FB_TRDY_3=0v.
b. TV On: red light off, sound on, backlight on, on power board: output=13v ch1=124v ch2=82v, on main board: SW=3.3v PW=13vx2, HAVDD=AVDD=VGH=0v FB_TRDY_3=0v VGHD=0.1v. It seems that video part of the main board is not working?
3. Only connect anyone of the two screen connectors to main board connecting to power board, it can be turned on/off normally.
a. TV Standby: red light on, sound off, backlight off, dark screen. on power board output=12v ch1=ch2=0v, on main board SW=0.1v PW=12vx2, HAVDD=AVDD=VGH=VGHD=0v FB_TRDY_3=0v.
b. TV On: red light off, sound on, backlight on, dark screen. on power board: output=13v ch1=124v ch2=82v, on main board: SW=3.3v PW=13vx2, HAVDD=AVDD=VGH=0v FB_TRDY_3=0v VGHD=0.1v. It seems that video part of the main board is not working too? Maybe both of left-screen and right-screen be faulty? It seems not to be possible. It is same if only disconnect anyone of the four screen connectorsillustration tv .
4. Connect both of the two screen connectors to main board connecting to power board, it can't be turned on/off normally. Dark screen, red light&sound&backlight blink 2 times for 2 seconds then all off. on power board output=13-12v ch1=115-105-0v ch2=77-70-0vbacklight: lightness-a little lightness-dark, on main board SW=3.3-0.1v PW=13-12vx2, HAVDD=about 6-0v AVDD=about 10v-0v VGH=about 14v-0v VGHD=about 11-0v FB_TRDY_3=3.3v-0v It seems that video part of the main board is working now?. And then after 20 seconds the cycle repeats again and again!! I had to unplug power cord to stop it.
I replaced the main board and power board, nothing changed.
See all Soyo GVKL2049NB 20 in. EDTV-Ready LCD Television Questions