- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I don't want to know anything. I want, (wanted) you to attempt what I had suggested. I am not positive it will work and I did not want you to score me low but would rather have no score at all.
1. Disconnect the Printer/scanner
2. Uninstall the software. START- CONTROL PANEL -either ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS or PRINTER AND FAXS _ Highlight printer and tell it to REMOVE PRINTER.
3. Hook the printer back up. Run the install software that has the correct driver for the version of windows that you are using.
The HP link for your model that I provided to you is to download the software to install , if you ether have the wrong driver or have lost the install disk ,if you ever had one.
Look at what version of windows you are using and see if the disk states that it is for that version of windows, like Xp, VISTA, 98, etc. If it does not you must download the correct software.
I was attempting to avoid asking all of the needed questions such as;
Is this a new problem or have never had the scanner work correctly?
New computer or same one?
Computer Make and model?
Version of windows that you are using?
All of these things enter into a problem such as yours.
I hope this helps. |:)