An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: can't open the dv tape
* The most frequent cause of this type situation is not having a power source attached, or a depleted battery pack.
* Once the power source is available, some models require manually unlatching and opening a cover.
* When the cover is fully open, the cassette will eject automatically after a few seconds.
* If the tape still will not eject, seek assistance from a Service Facility because you need a special tool to remove the tape without causing further damage.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like something has jammed the tape door mechanism preventing it from opening. This is a very delicate part of a mini DV camcorder. I would highly recommend taking it to a electronics repair shop where it can be checked out. If you try and force the tape out you will probably cause considerable damage to the tape transport system making your camcorder unusable.
Was the tape your trying to import recorded on the camera you are trying to import from? I've noticed that sometimes the tape I recorded on my old Panasonic won't show up on my GL2. It's like it's a blank tape, but I know it's not, as I have it labeled. Stick it back into the panasonic and it plays fine.
1. Connect the camcorder to a TV and check if you can playsee the tape. 2. Take that tape and check it using another miniDV camcorder.
this way you will know if the issue is within the camcorder or the tape. If is within the camcorder .. take it to a service dealer and see how much is to fix it. Chances are that is not worth to be fix. A brand new ZR900 is just 200 USD ...
wow, i have the same exact problem. im using a canon too. and i dont have an installation CD or anything, because i baught my camera at a pawn shop. the only thing i can think of is that i might be using the wrong type of fire wire cord? do i need to use a DV fire wire cord? i have no clue.
( c : cassette : 30 capstan fg ) ; your capstan
motor is stalling - try ( other brand ) new
tapes and gently ! swaying camera from side
while loading - if loads , your tape mechanism
is dirty or is going out of alignment ;
if the camera will not unload tape ? the
capstan motor may be failing ( connector is
loose , corroded ) or - it is jammed and it
needs . . . disassembly . . . to complete