An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: red light on main base
Do you have voicemail through your phone co? That blinking can indicate a new voicemail is waiting for you. It could also indicate intermitent charging. Try cleaning the contacts on the base and phone with rubbing alchol and a q-tip.
Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do you mean the status light on the handset or the one on the base? The status light on the base will be on if the answering system is on. The handset status light will be on but steady when the handset is on the charger. (It's a battery charging indicator in that case; take the handset off the charger to stop the charging system. It provides a trickle charge to offset the battery discharging over time) The light blinks to indicate new messages are available on the answering system. Press the Play button on the base or the Messages/Mute button on the handset to play new messages.
dismiss all messages/notifications (for NO Blinking amber light), disable vibrate
attach the original charger, keep phone on a flat surface, find optimum position where the amber light is continuous.
repeat same if you answer any calls or move the phone
The compatibility setting, in almost 100% of the cases, should be set to "1". You can find it on the side of the base, it's a little turn wheel that will turn if you stick your thumbnail in it and twist. I have seen one instance on the Cisco IP phones that requires the compatibility setting to be on 5, so try that as well.
If you have a lifter installed, make sure that the short telephone cable that comes out of the back of the headset's base unit is plugged into the handset port of the telephone (where the handset coily cord is normally plugged into). You would then plug the handset coily cord into the front of the headset base unit. Make sure you have that configuration, and try again.
Finally you can try a re-set. To do this you should lift the headset off of the charging base, make sure the green light on the top of the base is off (the headset is off), and then do the following:
1. Hold down the mute button and the call answer button at the same time. (The mute button is the black little wheel on the top of the headset itself. If you use the tip of your finger to push that straight in, it will mute the headset)
2. Keep holding both buttons down until the green light below your thumb on the headset flashes for 2 consecutive series.
3. Let go. Wait about 20 seconds then try answering.
If this doesn't work, try a re-subscription:
1. Place the headset back on the charging base.
2. The two microphone volume adjust buttons on the back of the BASE unit should be pressed together. This will start the red light and the yellow light blinking on the front of the base unit.
3. Hold the mute button down while the headset is still on the charging base. Hold it down until the red light stops blinking.
4. Disconnect the power to the base so that the red light and yellow light turns off.
5. Plug the power back in after about 5 seconds of it being disconnected and make sure the red light on the front of the charging base is now solid and the yellow light is flashing.
6. Pick up the headset and try again.
if you put another in the base and it charges , it is the other base that is not working
make sure that that holder is connected properly to a power point
if it is charging the small red light on the hand piece comes on
I had this same problem and all I did was to unplug the DC adapter at the phone and plug it back in after a few seconds. The solid charge light came on immediately, like usual. I let the battery charge for several hours before using the handset again.
the steady red light showing when in charger shows that
it is charging. the blinking red light when taken out of
charger or turned on and off means it is not fully charged.
leave it in charger till red light turns green.