HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet Printer Logo

Question about HP Officejet 7210 All-In-One InkJet Printer

2 Answers

Cartridge holder busted

A small piece of plastic that is key to holding the black cartrige in place has broken and make the hold unit useless because of an error. It looks like this cartridge holder will need to be replaced. Can I get this part?

Posted by sodowarts on

  • 2 more comments 
  • Anonymous Nov 09, 2007

    same problem

  • Anonymous Dec 18, 2007

    I have the same problem as well.

  • jentx Dec 27, 2007

    saem exact problem... the error msg implied the problem was non-HP printer cartridge.... just spent $150 at Costco on the %(^%(*HP cartridges only to find that little tiny plastic piece broken....


  • crazymaisie Jan 01, 2008

    lexmark all in one x2450

    push down part o.k. hold in part has broken off.

    can't take any repair steps.



2 Answers


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers

We also had the same problem. We remove the black cartridge, placed a small machine screw or bolt where the head would hold the spring in place. Make sure the head is flat enough so that it will not push the cartridge to the left and cause it to print erratic. You might need small hands to screw on the nut for your bolt. I now prints and faxes, just the LED panel still says to check the right cartridge.
We can live with that!!

Posted on Jan 23, 2008



  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 254 Answers

You might try printerworks.com. If this is a low-dollar printer, finding someone with parts is doubtful. Even HP may not sell one to you. Higher dollar >$200, then perhaps it is worth looking into. Unfortunate, but this low cost electronics/computers stuff just isn't made to be repaired, or cost effective to do so. It is made to be trashed when it quits working.

Posted on Sep 17, 2007


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


Stylus R220. Just replaced the black ink and it still won't let me print. Keeps saying REPLACE CARTRIDGE. I'm using a Mac. Supply Levels Utility is completely useless. Says Information Not...

Try to clean cartrige and cartrige carrier conector place with soft erager.Then put cartrige into cartrige holder then gentaly push top of the cartrige sothat a `cat' sound happend, then turn on printer.
I think you will relive
Thank you

Broke the fitment for the cartridge

aw, so sorry. i think you need your technician to replace the broken part

My printer is not recognizing my black cartridge

We actually couldn't find a better solution than taking the printer apart to look inside. One of the plastic pieces that holds the print cartridge in place was broken, so we crazy glued it back into place.

X-spring tab broken in ink receptacle (HP officejet 7310)

I think you right. There are a lot of small parts which are finely tuned in a printer and most likely something else is still affected.
You probably are better off purchasing a new unit, unless you have the time and patient to figure it out.
Good Luck!

Installing a new color cartridge

Hi mariek2006,

Cannon printers usally the ink is housed underneath the top portion of the printer. To open the top, reach down under the buttons or display area,, and left up, a blue plastic piece will slide out and lock the top into place. Once that up, look inside and the ink cartridge will eventually slide over to the left side of the printer. Look left towards the silver bar and you'll see two plastic holders for the ink. Take the ink cartridge out, by pushing down on the top edge of the cartridge, then out. To replace them, remember to remove the protective seal on the ink cartridge and put the ink cartridge in by holding the ink cartridge at an angle that has the copper control slip pointing upwards. Make sure you put it in below the top ridge of the plastic holders. Then once you slip the cartridge into the holder at the upwards angle, pull up again on the cartridge to snap it into place. That's it your ink cartridge are reset with new ink.

Good Luck
and don't forget to leave a rating based on my solution.

Don't forget to push the blue bar that is holding the top up in, and the top will slowly lower itself into place. Mark

HP 7410xi small plastic piece in print cartridge carrier broken

If the spring did not damage the carriage flex I would suggest just using some epoxy to hold the spring properly in place. If the spring did damage the flex (as shown in this picture) then you might contact HP and enquire about an extended warranty for this issue. In the US call HP at 1-800-HPINVENt.

Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Black cartridge is not being recognized, amber light blinking

There is a small spring that holds the ink cartridge in the ink holder. You will see it stick out from the right hand side of the ink holder where the ink cartridge slides in. If that spring isn't being held to the ink holder by two plastic tabs, (I.E. the plastic tabs are broken) the printer will never recognize the cartridge. If the printer is still under warranty I would contact HP or an authorized repair center for HP. Both the black and color ink holder has this spring. I know of no way to repair this kind of breakage.

HP 7310xi: "Remove and Check Printer Cartridge on the right"

Sounds like the carriage is broken on the black side. Pull the cartridge out and take a look at the silver metal piece. Is it loose from the side and if so did it punch a hole in the circuitry that cartridge comes in contact with. If I were a betting man this is probably your problem. You have to replace the whole carriage. This is a pretty common problem with the carriages that use the #96 and #97 cartridges.


Color cartridge error message

I don't have a suggestion, but what I found when I looked closely at the plastic box that holds the cartridge; there is a small "s" shaped wire that is positioned on the side of the box. In my case, that wire was loose because a very tiny piece of plastic that holds it in place has broken off. I am still trying to see if I can get that box replaced. I don't have much hope.
Not finding what you are looking for?


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top HP Office Equipment & Supplies Experts

Vinaya Kumar...
Vinaya Kumar...

Level 3 Expert

1124 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6493 Answers


Level 3 Expert

85240 Answers

Are you a HP Office Equipment and Supply Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides