You have a connection problem in the Reset Eject circuit.
I hope your in the right posting area, this is for the Phat PS2 consoles with the drawer that comes out to put the CD in. Procedure is different for Slim PS2.
- Disconnect power and turn the case upside down.
- Remove the screw covers to expose the case screws. These are little square pieces or square rubber pads. You can use a thin knife blade to pry the hard plastic squares up.
- Remove all the screws.
- Remove the Warranty sticker to the right edge of the power socket.
- Turn the PS2 over to set it right side up.
- lift the top cover from the back and pull it forward slightly to clear the CD tray. Be careful of a possibly Ribbon cable attached to the lid going to the Reset/Eject buttons. Roll the cover over to the right leaving the ribbon intact.
- Check to be sure the ribbon cable coming from the reset/eject cable is fully inserted in the second connector from the front.
If this is not the case, you may want to check out www.playstationclinic.com
. This could be a circuit problem and may need technical knowledge to gain repair.