This oven came with the house and we love it as well as the cook top and attached microwave above the unit. The problem is that one day the door cover just fell off onto the carpeted floor. It looks like it nestles on the top end and is held on by only three sticky pads on the bottom. How do I reattach this door? Are there special sticky pads I should use or some kind of special heat resistant glue? Are the sticky pads from the factory or are they a previous fix job. This oven came with the house we bought about 20 months ago so not sure how old but probably not over 3 years.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There could be food or oil buildup around the door frame which will absorb some of the radiant and microwave energy whilst cooking. Give it all a good clean and see if that helps. If everything else is working properly, it may be a problem with the cooling fan. Microwave ovens have a "stirrer fan" inside the roof or rear of the cooking area to disperse the microwaves and some convection / microwave ovens also have a cooling fan which assists in dissipating heat within the cabinet.
I would suggest you check the door switches inside the microwave oven just below the keypad, rectangular in shape. The switches are normally open or closed, set meter to ohms, unhook lead from one side and test with door open and closed. If readings are the same both ways the switch is defective. "check all switches"
Interesting post, because I have the same problem! I have spent the better part of today researching and taking our microwave apart (partially) to inspect the top portion re: outside vent. Everytime the microwave is on, the "active vent door" (manufacturer's term, not mine!) opens. Apparently this is normal. But it also opens when you turn on the vent fan, when cooking on the stovetop. I don't like this feature, because I think it 'overrides' the outside venting system. I double checked our outside vent to ensure that when this oven was installed, the person did in fact allow the flap to be open when the fan is on (he did). So I think what 'our' problem is, is that the microwave active vent sort of interferes with the outside vent, thus more of the cooking smell being blown into the house instead of the outdoors. I was thinking of simply disconnecting the gizmo that make the active vent door open each time you use the oven and/or vent fan option however I don't think that's a good idea as apparently the main purpose of the active vent door is to keep the electronics of the microwave oven from overheating. The more I read about this version of microwave, the less impressed I am with it. Lots of electronic issues with it. I am not fussy either with having the microwave over the cooktop. Sorry I don't have a solution for your problem but I do feel your pain!!!
We have a stove with no downdraft, and a microwave with a hood above it. It works just fine. I expect you could keep your downdraft and put a microwave without a hood above it, and that would also work. I don't think, however, you can buy an above the range mocrowave oven, that slides in on brackets, which will not have a hood.