As you are using speed stream 4100 modem and it has a5 lights, if u have a 1 solid light for power and other all the 4 lights are flashing, It indicates either u need to upgrade the firware of modem or you may try Hard reset option of modem..At the rear sode of modem you will have a reset hole / button, u may press that using some paper clip...unplu all the cables and wait for 2 mins...connect them back in..all the lights will come up but the internet..u need to check IP address by doing IPCONFIG, whatever gateway u r getting (probably 192.168.1.1) type that into adressbar of IE and putthe correct user name and password, asked code u may get from the bottom side of ur modem...get into GUI og modem and put your complete email address and password, save settings ...Ok and restart the modem...it will be ready to go.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
when you experience slow browsing on the net using 4100 modem... just optimize your ie by clicking on tools = int options = reset all settings to lo or default on internet properties...a modem may not be the cause of slow browse... as long as there are 4 solid lites on the modem...
1. check ip address in command prompt
2. If unable to find valid ip address , reset ipaddress , in command prompt type ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew
3. Ping default gateway in command prompt
4. then ping www.google.com in command
5. If u can ping in command prompt issue with Internet explorer or with Operating system.
6.Try using different browser.
when the item name as modem/router. it means the main function is modem with added router function.
you can't connect 2 router/modem together. both need access to the internet and IPS for it function correctly.
however, you can connect 1 modem and one router.
* You dont need any special drivers to install modem. * Open up internet explorer, type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and press enter key. * Now you should see the configuration page of modem. * On the left side, click on Advanced button, below that, you will see "connection configuration" option - click on it.
*** If it asks for modem access code anywhere, you can find the code underneath the modem. please type it ***
* Under this page, you have to enter the email address in username field and password, change the connection type to smart keep alive, click on save changes
* Now it may ask you for restart modem. click on restart. within 1 min, you will be connected to internet.