My Ti-89 is only a few months old, but I've already had to use three sets of batteries. It always comes up with illegal instruction when I put in new batteries. I've only used the calculator minamally, for basic graphs and such. I haven't even connected it to my computer or use it for games. Why is my nearly new Ti-89 draining my battery so quickly?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Press left and right arrow and 2nd keys simultaneosly, hold it and then press ON. Release all keys at the same time and you will reset TI 89 Titanium. Or, type diamond key simultaneosly with + or - (plus or minus) key to resolve dark screen.
1) Press the Mode button. 2) Scroll down the list that appears until you find "Exact/Approx". 3) Change the setting for "Exact/Approx" to Exact. 4) Press enter to save the settings change.
You have three possible settings for "Exact/Approx": 1) Auto - The calculator will try to determine the best format. 2) Exact - The calculator will always give the answer in fraction form. 3) Approximate - The calculator will always give the answer in decimal form.
Hello, After the change of batteries, the screen reverted to default contrast. You should try to darken the screen. Press and hold the [Diamond] key and tap the [+] key. Keep at it until screen is dark enough. Hope it helps.
The draining of batteries depends on usage. Turn calculator off when not in use. Use rechargeable batteries: Have two sets of them and change batteries before the ones in use are not fully discharged.
If you get tired of that, I suggest you have the calculator repaired.
1) Update the OS from the TI site. 2) check if button is sticking(not necessarily just the plastic button, but what it hits on the inside... you can clean the contacts on the inside of the calc with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol.)
I don't have much experience with this specific calculator but those are my best bets.