Hi there !!
This is because of the old firmware you are using in the player. Go to link below to download the latest firmware 3. & everything will get back to normal.http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=US&slg=AEN&sct=FLASH_AUDIO_PLAYERS_SU&cat=MP3_PLAYERS_CA&grp=PORTABLE_ENTERTAINMENT_GR&session=20090908093859_18.104.22.168&ctn=SA261/17&ds=SA261/17&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software
Here's the instructions, how to update firmware in the music player:
Firmware upgrade readme file - GoGear Digital AudioPlayer SA261 , SA260, SA255, SA250
Firmware (FW) version 3.0 + Philips driver for WindowsMedia Player
By upgrading you will gain access to the followingenhanced functionalities:
- Solving the problem with occasional hang up afterfirmware upgrade.
- Adding of a Help file in Device Manager that user maycall up the file by pressing F1.
Do I need the software?
- Press the MENU key
- Scroll down to Settings
- Enter Settings by pressing the > key
- Scroll down to Information
- Enter Information by pressing the > key
- You will see FW Vers: xxx, where xxx is the version
- If you already have the latest version, there is noneed to upgrade.
Please make sure that your PC is running on one of thefollowing operating systems to perform the upgrade
- Windows 2000 �V SP4 (or above)�
- Windows XP (home or Professional) SP1 (or above)�
How to download the software to your PC
- Launch the Windows Explorer
- Enter the Philips support site at urlhttp://www.philips.com/support
- Select your resided country & language
- Enter the model number
- Click on Software under Product Support
- Double click your desired language under Firmwareupgrade software to download the firmware to your PC.
- Download the file in a temp directory on your PC.
How to upload the software to your device
- Run the SA_PKG_xxx.exe file to install the DeviceManager with the new firmware
- Connect your GoGear to the PC using the provided USBcable
- Make sure that you have a new battery inserted.
- On your PC, double-click on the Philips GoGear DigitalAudio player icon to run / start the same.
- A dialogue box will pop up; click Upgrade to start theupgrading of the firmware. �
(Please do notdisconnect the device during the upgrading process as this interruption maydamage the firmware!)
- Follow all screen instructions to complete the firmwareupgrade.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once thesuccess message is displayed.
- Close all opened application and then safely removeyour GoGear micro jukebox by clicking on the eject icon in your task traybar.� �
When prompted,��The USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed from the system��,click OK and unplug your micro jukebox.�
- Once the GoGear micro jukebox is disconnected from thecomputer, the display will show ��Firmware Upgrading�� for a couple of secondsand then start up as usual. �
If the messagedoes not disappear after 2 minutes, do a soft reset by pressing and holding theplay key and the volume + key for a couple of seconds.
- Your GoGear firmware has been upgraded after you seethe "upgrading" message.
Windows XP and Windows 2000 users: Your device will beautomatically disconnected as soon as Device Manager finishes interacting withyour device.