- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are connecting the router to a cable DSL satellite modem, please follow the steps below: 1. Place the router in an open and central location. Do not plug the power adapter into the router. 2. Turn the power off on your modem. If there is no on/off switch, then unplug the modem's power adapter. Shut down your computer.3. Unplug the Ethernet cable (that connects your computer to your modem) from your computer and place it into the WAN port on the router.4. Plug an Ethernet cable into one of the four LAN ports on the router. Plug the other end into the Ethernet port on your computer.5. Turn on or plug in your modem. Wait for the modem to boot (about 30 seconds).6. Plug the power adapter to the router and connect to an outlet or power strip. Wait about 30 seconds for the router to boot.7. Turn on your computer.8. Verify the link lights on the router. The power light, WAN light, and the LAN light (the port that your computer is plugged into) should be lit. If not, make sure your computer, modem, and router are powered on and verify the cable connections are correct.9. Skip to page 16 to configure your router.Connect to Cable/DSL/Satellite Modem OR
First connect your router computer with ethernet cable then you can access it with following link. http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 type user name as "admin" and password as "admin" or blank or "password" then you can see configuration page of router. Then set WAN settings as your internet service providers settings. Enable DHCP . now go to wireless enable it. If you want security then go to wep security and add wep code it is your password to connect wi fi .
Then save and restart router. Let me know if you need more assistanse. Thanks.
What does this line mean? "It's reading all the other computers but isn't working."
Do you mean that the other computers are hard-wired to ports 1, 2, 3 & four on the back of the router? Or are you going totally wireless? Is your cable, or satellite modem plugged into the port labeled WAN?
1. Place the router in an open and central location. Do not plug the power adapter into the router.
2. Turn the power off on your modem. If there is no on/off switch, then unplug the modem’s power adapter. Shut down your computer.
3. Unplug the Ethernet cable from your modem and plug it into the WAN port on the router.
4. Plug an Ethernet cable into one of the four LAN ports on the router. Plug the other end into the Ethernet port on your computer.
5. Turn on or plug in your modem and wait for it to go through its boot cycle. It takes about 30 seconds. Watch the lights on the modem to tell when it has finished booting.
6. Plug the power adapter into your router. Again, wait about 30 seconds for the router to boot.
7. Turn on your computer.
8. Verify the link lights on the router. The power light, WAN light, and the LAN light for the port you plugged your computer into.
Now, open Internet Explorer (web browser) and in the Address line, type 192.168.0.1 and hit enter. You should see a login screen. Enter a user ID of admin and leave the password blank.
This should log you into the configuration utility for your router. You should see a Setup Wizard button that will walk you through setting up your router.