I have the same problem, and you have two options:
(1) Buy a Logitech Harmony remote - they are expensive, but their database probably has the codes.
(2) Go to remotes.com and get the original for $40 or so. Use a learning universal remote to grab the codes, and leave the original remote in a safe place.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are no codes for Protron DVD player you need to use the search mode on the remote here is how.
S earchching For Youour Code If your home entertainment device does not respond to the remote control after trying all of the codes listed for your brand, or if your brand is not listed at all, try searching for your code. For example, after trying all of the codes for your TV, you still cannot get the remote control to operate your TV, then: 1. Turn on your TV. 2. On the remote control, press TVTV once. Then press and hold Setup until the TVTV key blinks twice, then release Setup. 3. Enter 9 - 9 - 1. The TVTV key will blink twice. 4. Press and release the digit 1. The TVTV key will blink twice. Note: Substitute 1 with 0 if searching for a Cable code, 2 if searching for a DVD, VCR or PVR and 3 if searching for an Audio device 5. Press Power and aim the remote control at the TV and press CH + one or more times until the TV turns off. NOTE: In the search mode, the remote control will send IR codes from its library to the selected device, starting with the most popular code first. 6. Press Setup once to lock in the code.The TVTV key will blink twice. 7. To search for the codes of another device, repeat steps 1 to 5, but substitute the AUX key for the device you are searching for.
As we dont know the TV make you can use code search method.
It basically searchs the codes automatically.
follow the below steps to set remote without codes
Code Search: 1. Turn on the device you wish to control. 2. Press and hold "CODE SEARCH". 3. Press and release the TV, VCR or Cable button. If programming an AUX position, press and release AUX first and then press the device type to be programmed. 4. Release "CODE SEARCH". 5. Press ON/OFF repeatedly until the device turns off. 6. When the device shuts off press and release ENTER. 7. Try using the remote. If it does not function repeat steps 1 through 6 To Get The Code Please Go To Below Website: http://www.rcaaccessories.com/remotefinder/ You need to select the following information from the drop down list 1.Model of the remote 2.Type of device to which you want to program(TV/DVD/VCR)
If you can find the codes for your /tv please follow the below steps
Direct Code Entry: Find the code your device. 1. Press and hold "CODE SEARCH". 2. Press and release the TV, VCR or Cable button. If programming an AUX position, press and release AUX first and then press the device type to be programmed. 3. Enter the 3-digit code number. 4. Release "CODE SEARCH". 5. With the device on, press another button to test (volume control/power button).If it does not work, repeat steps 1 to 5 with other codes which you have.
These are the steps on how to program your Universal Remote Control to your device even without the list of code.
1. Manually turn ON your device. 2. Press and "HOLD" CODE SEARCH 3. Press and release the device button you want to set up 4. Release CODE SEARCH. 5. Press OFF/ON repeatedly until the device turns off (you may have to press up to 100 times at a rate of once per second). 6. Once the device turns off, press and release ENTER. 7. With the device on, press any other button. If the device responds, no further programming is required. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 1-6.
If your universal remote has a code search function (most do) you may have to try that. Allot of off brand tv's are manufactured by other companies. Check the back of the TV to see if there is a label that says "manufactured for Protron by ..." If a code search doesn't work post back with the brand of remote and we can try help you further.
Set-up (Programming) procedure is too much to type in here, and is not practical and it will differ brand-to-brand remote controls. If you wish to get more; check the sites linked here. The site has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. The site has general set-up codes to check with TVs and other devices are given, in the order of the 'device's brand name list' in alphabetical order. Set-up code list to many brand remote controls also is given. Pull up older posts. Search the sites by type in the brand name to your device in its search box at the top right part of the display window. It will help you to find the document easily. https://homenol.blogspot.com/ https://remotesearch.blogspot.com/ https://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/ https://electrohelponline.blogspot.com/
• If your device does not respond to the remote after trying all codes listed or your brand is not listed in the code list, use the Auto Code Search method to program your remote.
• Sometimes the first code that "works" with your device may operate only a few functions of your device. There may be another code in the code list that performs more functions. Try other codes from the code list for more functionality.
This is a trial and error procedure; and quiet time consuming. You might have to check different codes said for your device.
The code I used and it seems to work is 0194, but while trying to program my receiver, It changed some setting and the picture keeps looping over and over on the screen, and I can't get it to stop, I even made it worse while messing with the settings....