Question about GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Ge range model JS905SOK3SS f 7 error code
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2015 | GE Ovens
Feb 26, 2011 | GE Profile JKP56 Electric Double Oven
F1 touch pad / ERC test This simple test will help determine
whether the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is
defective when F1 error code is present.
Note: Some models incorporate the touch pad in to the ERC as a single
assembly, in which case this test is not necessary. Simply replace the ERC
Warning: If you feel in any way uncomfortable performing this test or
making this repair, please contact a qualified appliance repair technician.
1. Disconnect power to the range (unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker). It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back (usually accompanied by a beeping sound)
7. If F1 comes back, replace the ERC. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Dec 16, 2010 | GE Built-In 24" Double Electric Wall Oven
Nov 22, 2010 | GE Profile JTP18 Electric Single Oven
Oct 23, 2010 | GE JTP15 Electric Single Oven
Jul 03, 2010 | GE Ovens
Dec 26, 2009 | Ovens
Aug 14, 2009 | GE Profile JTP56 Electric Double Oven
Jun 20, 2009 | GE JKS05 Electric Single Oven
Mar 29, 2009 | GE JTP27 Electric Double Oven
140 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: