An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
If the screw has an internal star configuration then it is a torx screw. torx drivers are easy to come by. you may even find an allen wrench might fit it. another is a three slot driver, then there is a one way screw that has flats for screwing in but ramps that push the regular screwdriver off it. use a diagonal cutting plier and press it tightly in the screw head and rotate counter clockwise.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
On the base of the transformer you will find 4 tamper proof screws that you will need to remove to open the case. A triangular blade screwdriver will be need to do this. Once removed the tamper proof screws can be replaced with self tapping screws. Silverhill Tools ASDTR1 Triangle Screwdriver
Big job. The top comes open with a small screwdriver, or better yet a putty knife slipped to the right and left front corners and pried up. You have a plastic clip on either side of the front top which will snap open when pried. Then, the front of the machine is usually held on with two screws that are inserted into the top front from the top sides, one screw in each side. The bottom is easier, once the top screws are out, you lift the whole front panel off. Down at the bottom of the front panel are two clips that go in two holes to hold the panel on. You will also be unplugging the wire connector to the door switch. We also had this happen, and if turning your clothes inside out or tying the strings doesn't work, we found to put such items inside a mesh "unmentionables/undergarments" bag stopped the problem. Be blessed.
the hyundai suggested method is by removing the back seat. the dealer will charge you around $100. i have done it using an alternate method. 1. open the trunk 2. crawl in facing up 3. locate openings below the brake light (the opening is offset from the bottom of the light and holder (very helpful of hyundai!!!) 4. remove the foam pieces if any. 5. remove the screws holding the cover in place. a magnetic philips screwdriver would be good. 6. unscrew the light using the tab at the bottom of the holder 7. push it up and into the passenger compartment. 8. the entire assembly should come out from inside the compartment. 9. replace the bulb. 10. saw off the extra plastic tab at the bottom of the holder ( will help in putting it back and for future installs) 11. replace everything in the reverse order: bulb , cover ( inside the passenger compartment), replace screws from inside the trunk.
In order to replace bulbs, look at the back of the mirror. There will be four white circle coverings hiding the screw heads, and these must be drilled open in order to access the screws that hold the two halves of the mirror together (these coverings will not have to be replaced). Once these screws are located and unscrewed, flip the mirror back over and remove the top half. Carefully, replace the bulbs.
From 2006 to 2010, the Sonata's 3rd brake lamp requires the rear package deck be removed to access that bulb. 1. Remove the rear passenger seat bottom (remove two12mm bolts between the seat back and the seat bottom - tilt the seat back forward to locate these bolts). a. Press the two bottom front edge tabs to release the front of the seat bottom from the floor. b. Remove seat bottom & set aside w/two 12mm bolts c. Tilt both seat backs downward 2. Remove the left & right hand shoulder cushions (12 mm bolt at the bottom of each cushion) a. Remove seat belt from shoulder cushion guide at the top of the cushion b. Lift up and forward on shoulder cushions to remove them (if equipped with side airbags, disconnect wire harness connector). c. Set shoulder cushions aside w/two 12mm bolts 3. Using a small flathead screwdriver, pop out the 'SRS' button cover from the C pillar panels on the left & right hand side to access either the phillips head screws, 10mm bolts, or #30 Torque Screws a. Remove screws and set aside b. Using a standard flathead screwdriver, pop out the C pillar panels on both sides (clips hold these panels in place) c. Set these panels aside after removal w/screws/bolts 4. Trunk Access-way panels are held in place by phillips head screws (two at the bottom (left and right hand sides) and 4 to 5 at the top . a. Remove left and right hand panels and set aside w/screws. 5. Rear package deck held in place with two plastic clips (white, yellow or pink) a. lie on your back inside the trunk (trunk lid open to allow for more light). Looking through access hole find 3rd brake light wire harness connector & disconnect. b. locate package deck clips, one on the left and another on the right on the underside of the pckage deck c. Squeeze clips to push them out - package deck will come loose d. Remove package deck & remove 3rd brake lamp bulb socket (turn counter clockwise to remove). Replace bulb & reassemble in reverse order.
Please AVOID answering questions of which you know NOTHING.
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will make access to the screws much easier. 2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose. 3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located. 4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open. (Tip Courtesy JSRock)
Yesterday I have the same problem: the belt of my Sunbeam bread machine broke. My problem is I didn't find a belt replacement yet. Once you have a replacement, to change the belt:
1. Unscrew the 4 screws located at the bottom of the machine
2. Open the top of your machine. You'll see 8 screws that put together the bottom of the chamber with the walls. You need to unscrew those screws with a very long screwdriver (caution with the heating element).
3. There is one screw attaching the heat element to a ceramic rectangle to the opposite side of the chamber. Unscrew this TOP scew.
4. Once all those screws are out you have to force the bottom piece of the machine with a flat screwdriver. This bottom is attached to the top part with some clips on the front and the back of the machine.
5. Once you open the bottom "cap", caution when separating both pieces. You will find a flat cable that is connected from the computerized pannel to one card attached to the bottom part of the machine. This plug located on the card at the bottom part of the machine have one drop of glue securing the two parts. Twist off the drop of glue and you can disconnect the cable from the card without any problem.
6. Once both parts (top and bottom) are separated you can proceed unscewing the 7 screws that fix the motor to the plastic bottom "cap". You need to do that to access the bellt area.
7. To place a new belt just unscrew the bolt that fix the large "circle". Take away the bolt, the 2 washers, the rectangle one and the "circle". Place the new belt around the small circle (motor) and the big circle. Return the big circle to its original location (align the square part of the wheel with the square part of the screw) and push it to set it in place. Return the rectangle washer, the flat washer, the pressure washer and screw the bolt to secure the pieces.
8. Put all the pieces together in reverse order: *screw the motor to the bottom plastic piece; *connect the flat cable to the card; *push the top and bottom pieces together and until all the clips fall in place; *screw all the little screws to the botom of the inside chamber; * screw the little/long screw to fix the heat element to the ceramic rectangle; *screw the bottom screws.
AND ENJOY YOUR MACHINE! :0)
OPEN THE LIFT GATE TAKE OUT THE TWO SCREWS ON THE SIDE OF THE TAIL LIGHT LENSE THEN PULL ON THE TAIL LENSE TO RELEASE IT FROM THE SELF LOCKING FASTENERS YOU CAN'T SEE, REPLACE ALL THE BULBS AND REVERSE POROCEDURE.
hi,you need to switch the machine off,open the door and inside at the bottom is your drain ,lift out the filters and get a screwdriver there should be one screw to undo,get a pair of pliers and pull out the part you unsrewd.........have a good look inside there,should be something in there food/broken glass/ anything could be there...............................if not that its your drain pump.......