- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Conduct what the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service calls a "Time-to-Boil" test, which will help you estimate your microwave's wattage. Add 1 cup of water to a microwave-safe 2-cup measure. Add ice cubes and stir until the water is icy cold. Pour out the excess water, leaving just 1 cup. Place the measuring cup inside the microwave. Set the oven for four minutes on high. Watch through the glass to see when the water boils. If it takes less than two minutes, the microwave is 1,000 watts or more; if it takes 2.5 minutes, the oven has a rating of 800 watts or more; if it boils in 3 minutes, the estimated wattage is 650 to 700.
Is this a one time event? Try unplugging the unit from the wall for at least one hour and plugging it back in. Open the door and close it. I'm not familiar with this particular model but I have to guess that you push the stop/reset button to set the clock after plugging it in. It may be a bad touch pad or a bad door sensing switch.