An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: my lexmark x5150 won't turn on. could it be the power...
Please follow the instructions given below to troubleshoot the power issue:
1. Connect the printer directly to the power outlet. Surge protectors can actually draw power away from the printer. If this fails, please try multiple power outlets to ensure your specific outlet is not damaged, and make sure the printer is not connected to the PC while testing the unit.
2. When trying to power on the printer, feel the power supply box (if there is one) and note whether or not it is warm. If it is warm, the problem is not in your power supply, but most likely in your printer. If it is cold, the power supply might be defective.
3. Ensure you have the correct power supply connected to the printer.
4. If you have access to a voltmeter, please ensure that the power supply is giving out the correct amount of voltage (most of our printers use 30 volts output).
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if the AC adapter is humming, refrain (stop) from using it !
the adapter is physically damaged and the internal transformer has been dropped several times to make such a noise. you will have to purchase a new AC adapter, p/n should be and it should cost about $10-$15
pleae issue 4 thumbs up ... thanks for using FIXYA
Unplug then replug the power adapter of the printer. The power adapter is the rectangular black box behind the printer where the power cord is attached. Make sure to plug printer to a power outlet with the correct power specification. Bypass surge devices or power strips. If problem continues, unplug printer from the power source and contact Lexmark technical support to further investigate the problem. Thanks.
you connect it through a USB cord.... at least thats how I hooked up mine..
but what I would do if i were you is remove the printer drivers... uninstall lexmark... then go to www.lexmark.com then click the tab that has to do with driver downloads.. then click "drivers"... then type x5150 in the model .. then select the appropriate version of windows that you have, and run the file.. that's what i had to do to fix mine