Fabric Softener does not syphon and water leak from front of dawer.
Dispenser drawer leaked but solved by gluing the plastic guard back in place underneath front of drawer. Program takes washing powder ok but does not take softner through syphon. Engineer replaced drawer unit, housing and water inlet valve. Don't think he new how to resolve the problem! Became too expensive at that point. Have tried leveling machine - rodding the outlet nozzles. No good.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Fabric Softener does not syphon and water leak from...
The detergent/softner dispenser is located above the detergent drawer.
A water pipe is connected to it and water entrance and distributed to drawer's cells (following the programmed cycle) by a lever's movement (part of the dispenser). The lever movement is controlled by two solenoids that received their power from the timer.
By opening upper machine's cover you will have an access to the dispenser.
Disconnect the power cable from the machine before moving to next test !!!!
Look first that they are not any disconnected wires.
Move manually dispenser's lever and see if water running to all cells (depend on your movement). In case it doesn't work properly remove the unit from the machine and try to clean it (I hope it will help, otherwise you should replace the unit).
In case it works properly (manually) - you should test by a multi-tester solenoid's resistance. the one that doesn't have a resistance measurement should be replaced.
Good luck !!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk > ... > DIY Washing Machine Repair Help
Jul 9, 2013 - The small fabric conditioner compartment in the soap dispenser drawer has a plastic cap or tube at the back for the water to siphon up through. ... Make sure the washer is level front to back as well as side to side. .... If the washing machinehasn't been used since there's always the possibility that the plastic ...
MumsnetAfter each wash, the fabric conditioner part of the drawer is f. ... The fabric softener part of my washing machine drawer keeps filling with water ... Stopped using thedispenser compartment for fab softener and instead did I separate ... see if that clears it up and also try cleaning behind the drawer in case there is a blockage.
This is a result of the siphoning action and is part of the normal operation of the washer. Water
may be removed by removing the dispenser drawer and draining
water into the empty drum or sink.
• When washing is completed, wipe top and sides of washer with a damp cloth. Turn water
faucets off to prevent pressure build-up in the hoses.
• As needed, clean the cabinet with mild soap and water. Never use harsh, gritty or
abrasive cleansers. If door or console becomes stained, clean with diluted chlorine bleach
[1/2 cup (120 ml) in 1 quart (.95 L) water]. Rinse several times with clear water.
• Remove glue residue from tape or labels with a mixture of warm water and mild detergent.
Or, touch residue with the sticky side of the tape or label.
• Before moving the washer, place a strip of cardboard or thin fiberboard under the front
leveling legs to prevent floor damage.
Cleaning the Dispenser Drawer Area
Detergent and fabric softener may build up in the dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed
once or twice a month.
• Remove the drawer by pulling the drawer out until it stops. (Figure 1)
• Reach back into the left rear corner of the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock
tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer. (Figure 2)
• Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softener compartments. (Figure 3)
• Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders
and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softener residue may indicate improper dilution or
more frequent cleaning is required.
• To clean the drawer opening, use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all residue
from the upper and lower parts of the recess. (Figure 4)
• Replace the insert pressing the "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
• Remove items from the washer as soon as the cycle ends. Excess wrinkling, color transfer,
and odors may develop in items left in the washer.
• Before cleaning the washer interior, unplug the electrical power cord to avoid electrical
• Dry around the washer door opening, flexible gasket, and door glass. These areas should
always be clean to ensure a water tight seal.
• When extremely soiled items have been washed, a dirty residue may remain on the drum.
Remove this by wiping the drum with a nonabrasive household cleanser. Rinse thoroughly
• Periodically, wipe dry the bottom of the flexible gasket to remove lint and other debris.
• The plastic drum vanes may become stained from fabric dye. Clean these parts with a
nonabrasive household cleanser. This prevents dye transfer to future loads.
try this out for more ref check the operations mannual page 7
I understand you want to know how to clean the fabric softener dispenser from your Frigidaire washer, model# ATF7000ES. To remove the drawer and clean the dispenser, please do the following:
• Remove the drawer by pulling it out until it stops.
• Reach back into the left rear corner of the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer.
• Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softener compartments.
• Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softener residue may indicate improper dilution or more frequent cleaning is required.
• To clean the drawer opening, use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all residues from the upper and lower parts of the recess.
• Replace the insert pressing the "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your appliances status has changed successfully. Hope this is helpful.
Remove bottom phillips head screws from plastic clip on the back of the washer's top cover. Standing in front of machine, use the palms of your hands to sharply push back on the washer's top, pushing top back about 2 inches. Lift off top.
I've had to remove the dog food that a mouse put there after the dispenser drawer was left open.
Also, remove dispenser drawer by pushing tab down at back of drawer while pulling out drawer. I've had to clean out a thick layer of fabric softener from there already on another machine also.
Well from what ive seen the detergent dispenser will usually leak due to an excess build-up of fabric softener. If you remove the drawer and look up at the top of the dispenser you will see numerous small holes. If you see moldy gunk its fabric softener residue. This usually restricts the water coming into the dispenser causing it to "shoot out" in random directions. To correct the problem you can take a putty knife and scrape off the visible build-up then take a piece of wire or a pipe cleaner and stick it into the individual holes and clear them out one by one.
If you feel confident you could go as far as removing the top panel and the will be one access screw from the front panel that you can see and the dispenser can be removed. Be sure to disconnect the hose that hooks into it (it can be hard to remove and put back on) but then you could actually rinse it out, which is what I usually do.
If your leaking from the bottom side of the door its usually the way the water drips down from the dispenser or just a few drops of water from opening the door. Its common to see a water residue streak at 6 o'clock right under the door.
remove soap drawer and dismantle softener syphon assy , clean and reasemble , whilst drawer is out check water jets in roof of soap container , clean all but especially ones over the conditioner compartment, replace drawer and re-try.
Remove the dispenser drawer by pushing down on the tab at the center back and pulling drawer out. Now, remove the top of the fabric softener compartment and the parts of the soap dispenser and clean them all out. An old toothbrush often helps. Reassemble and replace. They should siphon out now.
You could have a clog in the housing underneath the dispenser where the water flows through a hose into the tub. Pull the dispenser drawer completely out. There is a tab that needs to be depressed to release the drawer and remove it. Check the opening at the bottom of the housing just inside the dispenser housing opening to see if a small sock or garment is clogging this opening. Reach down into this opening to see if an item is inside the hose. This is the normal issue that will cause water to leak out of the dispenser housing.
Wash the dispenser drawer thoroughly with warm water. Make sure that you pull off the siphon covers and wash all siphon holes. This process is described in your owner's manual. Replace the dispenser drawer and try the washer again.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
I had the same issue, and ran vinegar through the fabric dispenser with a load of towels. Not only did it solve the 'sour towel' problem I had with that load, it also cleared my fabric softener section. Now, I water down all fabric softner when I use it, which is less frequently!