My camera was working perfectly up until today and now it wont take any photos. When i press the button the screen goes black and nothing happens. It doesn't turn off it just freezes. When i press the power button it reloads itself but still wont take pictures. I can access the menu to view photos but thats about it. Can you help? The batteries are new.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged & clean the battery connector point in side the battery compartment.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine .
Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a
back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec ..
in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success. Thanks & Before you leave, if you have found my information helpful and if you haven't
already done so then please press the ACCEPT button, this is how I am paid for helping you today. POSITIVE feedback & bonus is appreciated
its just a matter of batteries...some are not powerful enough to operate the camera ....Try to change them and buy some real good ones..like Duracell or Tatra...do not make any compromises when buy the batteries...get the best cause these kinda cameras really require powerful ones...or ...try to get a set of rechargeable ...
THE MOST LIKELY REASON FOR THIS COULD BE EITHER THE SHUTTER IS NOT OPENING(IN THIS CASE WHEN YOU HALF PRESS THE CLICK BUTTON YOU SEE SOME SORT OF SNOWY PICTURE )IF NOT THEN THE CCD HAS GONE FAULTY AND IN BOTH THE CASES THE HARDWARE NEEDS TO BE CHECKED THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT YOURSELF
So you can see images that are on the card from previous taking but not new?
Just to confirm - this is an optical SLR?
With a mirror that flips up when you press the button - is that right?
If so it souns like to mirror is not going up.
Can you hear it go up?