Tried to install new usb adapter to laptop to replace existing Belkin F507010 PMCIA adapter. (XP Home) Installation failed with message "There was a problem installing this hardware" "The system cannot find the file specified".
After several attempts unistalled all software, drivers and oem entries.
Tried to re-install origional PMCIA adapter software to revert to origional wireless card and now that fails with the same message??
So now no wirless connection at all !!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Failed to install
Belkin drivers are a bit of a pain, uninstall the drivers again and remove the usb adapter, and follow exactly as per instructions, normally driver first, but ignore the pop up about the driver not being a signed windows if it does, just click install anyway.
toward the end of the installation you should be prompted to connect the usb adapter, the hardware should be found and then the installation should complete.
If driver installed ok but the adapter cant find the the driver plug it into a different usb port and again the found hardware should pop up then install driver popup should show and you should select install automatically.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the BIOS to see if you can make the USB as the first boot device, if you can then you will be able to install XP from the USB flash memory stick. The reason why your XP installation failed is because in most older laptops, the USB port does not work until Windows XP has been installed. Your hard disk may have an Windows XP install partition that you can access to reinstall Windows, provided you have not deleted this partition.
Hi there, these cards can be alittle tricky to setup sometimes. firstly are you using the drivers on the cd that came with the product, or have you downloaded new ones from belkin? The reason i ask this is because there are many differnt models of the same card and the drivers have to be a perfect match. If you are using the original drivers then i would recommend removing the card, uninstalling the drivers and rebooting. then start the installation process again and remember DO NOT insert the card before you install the drivers as this can cause installation problems also.... hope this helps..
Try this..1.Try to uninstall the USB adapter and re install it again. To do this go to Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel and find the usb adapter your install in this case its Alfa Wireless USB Adapter and uninstall it and restart your computer after uninstallation.
2. Remove the USB adapter while restarting and insert it again until windows already loaded and all windows startup program have all been started.
3. System will look for the system driver of USB adapter and it will prompt you for the driver location in this window do not choose the recomended instead click browse and locate the driver cd and look for driver folder and select the applicable driver for your operating system such as WinXP if your using XP.
4. If there is no driver folder in cd, go to my computer, explore cd and run setup or install this will install the pending driver installation.
The Belkin site has very specific instructions for installing this adapter in a pc with Vista. These instructions are at: http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=F5D9050&aid=6112&scid=0 I would first unistall any Belkin Software that has already been installed, shut down the system completely and then restart. After you have fully restarted the system then follow the Belkin Site instructions EXACTLY. Any variation is apt to mean an unsuccessful install. Good Luck and have patience.
Two possibilites here
1. the driver CD is corrupt , though belkin is a plug n play adapter, there is no need to install the cd
2. Since you getting an excalmation suggests , windows recoganises the new hardware but fails to install.
The best option is either change the manufacturer of the adapter or reinstall windows , it should fix your problem