open printer. with gloves or unless you don't mind getting your hands dirty, Open top of printer lid, carefully, pull out spongey grey piece at bottom of printer. to your left side is a piece of plastic, pull that off and below it is another sponge. Carefully pull this out as well. Wash and squeeze excess water. replace. YOU MAY WANT TO USE A FLASHLIGHT TO BE SURE YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING. UNplug printer, hold button. restart, release button - as described above. Keep trying. Then do a bottom plate cleaning. keep trying eventually everything resets and you can continue working. To remove ink from hands and plastic, use alcohol.
then you will need to reset it this works on some canon printers not all
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not,
press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal..
If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/david_eb7ea98642566cc6