Question about Xerox Phaser 7700 Laser Printer
Printer give me this error, but I turn it off, come back a few days later and it works again...for a little while (10 copies, 100 copies...it varies). So the laser evidently isn't gone. My local Xerox service co. is quoting $1,000 just for the part. Something tells me this isn't the real problem.
Error 10 is either the Laser unit failing or the Print engine eeprom needs to be replaced. Here is the link where you can download the service manual for free. Hope this helps http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=26566
Posted on Sep 10, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
- Turn off the printer, wait 10 minutes, and then turn it on again.
- Flip open the top of the printer.
- Look for a small shutter that holds the laser: carefully force this open with your hands and force the laser out into the center of the tracking cradle.
- After you move the laser, unplug the printer for a few minutes.
- Plug the printer back in.
If the same error occurs, it's necessary to contact a service representative
Usually answered in minutes!