I recently aquired a Sharp CD-BA200 used, first time it started up okay. Every time after that as soon as I plug it in, protect comes up on the screen. I have Panasonic speakers hooked up to it and everything I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Put the player On for few hours or overnight. Now remove the panel and get access to the optical head unit, use a clean ear bud to polish the optical head. If not the optical head is weak and must be replaced.
Generally speaking, an amp attempts to protect itself from heat, shorts, overloads and operator exuberance by refusing to turn on or stay on.
Overloads can be from excessive periods of high output or marginally low impedance loading by the speakers; and shorts would be wiring issues or a speaker blowing up.
You should be able to feel if it's hot. WHY is it overheating? Make sure it has sufficient ventilation on all sides and that vent holes are not blocked by dust balls. Ensure the fan (if equipped) is running as designed (some only operate on demand). Clean dust and debris from it.
If the amp comes back on after cooling, you're lucky. They only have so many self-protection cycles in their lives so continuously resetting or cycling their power without addressing the cause can do more harm than good.
If it protects immediately on a cool power up you should disconnect the speaker connections and try it 'naked'. If it comes up then diagnose which lead(s) are shorted. If it does not come up the problem is internal and should be left to an experienced and competent hands-on tech.
Check for loose speaker connections at the speaker as a root cause for intermittent shutdown.
If you are a technician desolder the Audio amplifier IC,and check if the stereo turn on but with no sound.If the stereo turn on the audio amplifier IC is in short circuit and need to be replaced.