Question about Microwave Ovens
Whilst cooking potatoes on the cooker setting the microwave just went off. I have checked the fuse with a multimeter and there is power to the socket. Could it be an internal fuse?
I am a recently retired appliance engineer of 20 years, microwaves are not normally things worked on yourself, i would be reluctant to help normally but yes there is an internal fuse ( a special quick blow type )just inside where the wire enters the cabinet on a small circuit board, if a replacement is needed it must be exact match bought from an electronic shop, microwaves are dangerous they store powerful electric and can still shock after removing the plug, if the replacement fuse blows, there is a fault elsewhere, and i do not recommend further self repair, work with safety
Posted on Sep 09, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 09, 2015 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 14, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Sep 22, 2010 | GE Spacemaker 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...
Aug 21, 2010 | LG LMV1630 Convection/Microwave Oven
Aug 10, 2010 | Samsung SMH8165STE Microwave Oven
Dec 21, 2017 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Oct 15, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 24, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Oct 28, 2008 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
509 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!