Question about Sony KP-53S70 53" Rear Projection Television
I had the TV on and it seems the red color started arcing up in the middle and down on the left and right. I wasn't changing channels or anything. Any way of adjusting it? I know how to get the front panel off already if that helps you when you explain your diagnosis.
How do i get the colour menu to display on the screen?
Posted on Mar 22, 2008
I have seen this before check your TV to see if it uses the STK-392-110 3 channel convergence module. If it does you may have to replace them (there are two of them). You may read something about replacing them with the STK392-150s but don't do it since the replacement requires the changing of the bias resistors, and you need to know ecactly what you are doing. You will need to desolder the the old modules and solder in the new ones (new 110s not 150s). I would advise you to get a schematic and check the voltages on the chips before changing them just to make sure they are bad.
Posted on Sep 09, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
The List & Labels part of the setup lets you edit your channel list and choose or create a
personal six-character label for each channel.
Note: Changing List and Labels can be time consuming. You can change these at a later time by accessing the
1. Press the left or right arrow to scroll through the available channels and choose the
channel you want to edit.
2. Press the down arrow to highlight the In channel list option. Press the left or right arrow
button to add (the box is checked) or remove (the box is unchecked) the channel from the
3. Press the down arrow to highlight the Channel label option. Press the left or right arrow
button to scroll through the available list of 25 most common labels. The last option in
the list allows you to create your own six-character label for the channel (the first letter of
the label is highlighted).
4. Press the 1 or 2 number button to change the first letter of the label.
5. Press the right arrow to highlight the second letter, then press the 1 or 2 number button
to change the second letter, etc...
6. When you are finished creating your label, press OK. For model D34W20, your TV tunes to
the last channel available in your channel list. For models D40W20 and D52W20 only, the
Auto Convergence menu appears next.
Auto Convergence (for models D40W20 and D52W20 only)
Your TV's picture tubes might have been disturbed during delivery or after you moved the TV,
causing the color in your TV to be out of alignment. The colors adjust by starting auto
1. Press OK to begin auto convergence.
2. When the auto convergence is complete, the Red center convergence menu appears. The
cross in the middle of the screen should be yellow. If it is not, use the arrow buttons to
move the red cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK when adjustments are complete.
3. The Blue center convergence menu appears with a cyan cross in the middle of the screen. If
it is not, use the arrow buttons to move the blue cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK
(the TV tunes to the last available channel in the channel list).
Mar 16, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Jul 03, 2010 | Sony KP-51HW40 51" Rear Projection...
Feb 03, 2010 | Hitachi 51F500 51" Rear Projection...
Jan 07, 2010 | Hitachi 60FX32B 60" Rear Projection...
Nov 05, 2009 | Clarion DXZ945MP CD Player
Dec 28, 2007 | Sony KP-57WV700 57" Rear Projection HDTV
Sep 10, 2007 | Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection...
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: