Ive had my acer for about two months and all of a sudden the sound stopped working. Ive checked all the settings and nothing is muted or turned down low. The drivers are also installed correctly and working fine according to device manager. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: acer 5610 sound problems
It is possible that:
1. You may have recently installed an add-on/external device such as a multimedia keyboard which changed the audio output from internal to external;
2. The laptop's internal speaker might have gone dead (highly unlikely but still a possibility) - try plugging in external speakers or a headset and check;
3. Most if not all laptops uses a female stereo babyphone jack to connect to external speakers. This jack has a built-in switch that cuts off internal speaker if an external is plug in. If you are using eternal or headset from time to time, it is possible that the switch might have locked to external and does not switch back to the internal;
4. You may have a hardware issue specifically the sound card/chipset. This of course would require an inshop repair which may be better off with an authorized service center. At worst is have the entire laptop replace if it is confirmed to be a hardware issue.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Post back how things are or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since u have already tried reinstalling the webcam drivers, try resetting BIOS.
Then check whether it is shown in Device Manager under Imaging devices.
If its not shown, its an issue with the webcam.
If its shown there, try doing a complete system recovery.
Often sound devices are linked to the modem, with almost everyone using dsl these days they sometimes don't notice the modem hasn't installed correctly.
Go to Device Manager and update or uninstall your modem. If you uninstall the modem just do a restart and Windows will "detect new hardware" just let it reinstall the modem.
Hopefully after installing the modem Windows will suddenly find more new hardware and suddenly want to install a "media deivce" that is your soundcard, I have seen this many times back in the day of the dialup modem.