The self-diagnostic function of the projection television will cause the STANDBY light to blink or flash when the television detects an issue. The number of times the STANDBY light flashes corresponds to a specific issue, some of which you may be able to resolve without the need for service.
NOTE: If the television will not turn on immediately after being turned off, wait for the fan to finish its cycle, then attempt to turn it on again. This is part of the cooling process of some projection televisions and is normal operation.
- If the STANDBY light flashes three times in sequence, the lamp cover is not securely attached. Reattach the lamp cover to resolve this issue.
- If the STANDBY light flashes four times in sequence, the television may be overheating. To resolve this issue, ensure that the back of the television is well ventilated.
If the flash sequence is not listed above, or the light continues to flash after troubleshooting the indicated issue, follow the steps below to perform a power reset on the television:
If the issue is still unresolved after following all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Please note the number of times the STANDBY light flashes and relay that information to the service center.
- Turn off the television.
IMPORTANT: For a projection television that uses an internal lamp, wait 5 minutes after turning off the television to allow the lamp to cool before continuing with the following steps.
- Unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
NOTE: If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.
- Turn on the television.