Black screen,no picture just a sound.not even menu bar displays
There is no picture,black screen all the time but power is on.if connected to xbox36 there is sound and u can cotrol it but not even menu displays.sometimes if is on for long is just screen flashing blue and then it goes off to stand by mode.whatta hell???
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CHANGING THE SCREEN ASPECT RATIO: ( From Manual )
The TV can display images in four different modes: Wide, Zoom, Panoramic, and Normal. Each mode displays the picture differently. To change the screen aspect ratio:
1. Press the MENU button on the remote.
2. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight the Wide icon. Press OK.
3. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight your desired screen mode and press OK:
• Normal preserves the content's original aspect ratio. Since the 4:3 aspect ratio is not large enough to fill the TV's screen, black bars are added to the left and right of the display image.
• Wide stretches a 4:3 aspect ratio picture to the edges of the screen. Since the picture is being stretched, the display image may appear distorted. If the program is already formatted for widescreen viewing (1.85:1 or 2.35:1), then black bars will appear on the top and bottom of the display image.
• Zoom expands images with black bars to fit the screen.
• Panoramic expands the display image to fill the screen.
images may appear wider than intended.
If you are watching widescreen (1.85:1 or 2.35:1) content, black bars will still appear on the top and bottom of the display image. This option is only available when the TV is displaying a 480i/480p source.
Video circuit is separate from the Audio circuit. The main controller may switch to Audio, but if the unit is damaged from a power outage; part of the circuit board may not function. Needs professional servicing.
Thanks for using FixYa. To check what has gone bad you’ll have to open the back of the unit and check the backlight inverter board. The inverter is the power supply source for the backlights. If that’s the issue then it’s always better to replace the inverter board completely just to avoid any future issues. If not then check the power supply board however, it seems to be the inverter board as the sound is still working fine.Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or post a comment for further assistance.
More information is required. Your backlight is lit (screen not dark) but I need to know what you have connected to the TV (your sources) and how they are connected. Does the menu/OSD (on screen display) work?
Does the lcd screen have a glow to it ? Or is it really dim if u get real close to screen u can see images moving ?
it it has a glow to it you panel lighting is fine but you control board is bad. If you have a dark screen and see faint images you panel back lighting is out u can check the power with a meter at the connection to inverter board on panel.