My lcd display light went out so i ordered another from ebay. i installed it. now the light is working again however the phone will not come on unless it is charging and once I remove the charge cord the power goes back out.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
there are several reasons why display disapprears.
1) probably your phone experience accidental impact and that causes lcd flex connector to get loose and causes no display. 2) defective or damaged flex connector. 3) defective lcd or open line connection to lcd.
You can fix it yourself if the problem is on no. 1 (loose connector). open your phone slowly (since delicate parts inside and remember its part placements) using screws driver and locate the lcd flex connector (usually behind the LCD) that connects the lcd to the main board. remove it slowly not to damage it and look for abnormalities, if none, then put it back securely and assemble your unit. then give it a try...
for problem 2 and 3. You can order flex or lcd at ebay and change it yourself. be sure it is the right type for your unit. for dismantling your unit be sure to remember the parts, how they are installed and how to put it back. Be patient and this requires a lot of time to disassemble.
Don't forget to rate me OK! Thanks... Hope i helped you...
I am using this great LCD for about an year. But few times in the past my LCD didnt show up the display though the Green light was still ON, turning off the LCD and opening it again always solved the problem. But now My LCD completely went blank. Turning off/on didnt work at all now. I've tried couple of other tweaks mentioned on this site but they didnt work. I am just seeing a blank screen with green light ON. and ya theres a very low hissing sound coming from the LCD.
One of 2 things happened....
1) You Blew the Power Inverter... The Power inverter is a thin rectangular circuit board that plugs into the display panel cable and also powers the LCD Bulb.. If This Part Fails - You Lose Light to the Display even though the display will still be on and viewable against a bright light....
2) The LCD Bulb is Faulty... When the LCD Bulb Fails it will typically give pre-warning signs- though not always.... It will give signs like the whole screen has a light orange or pinkish tone to it, but eventually it will blow and no light at all to the Display Panel....
Both Of These Are Repairable....
The Power Inverter Can Be Purchased Off of Ebay, For Around $15 to $30
The LCD Bulb Itself is also Replaceable.. Though It is a Job Only to Be Performed By An Experienced Laptop Tech... Bulbs as well can be bought off of ebay for a few bucks..
IT could be a motherboard problem with the function key that controls the switching of the video infomation between the LCD screen and the external video connector.
It could be the function key circuitry on the motherboard that controls the back lighting levels on the LCD.
question: have you tried charging your phone and does it indicates a display or light ups your LCD screen and indicates charging?
1) if it does charging and indicates "charging" on your LCD screen , try to do this:
note: make sure your battery does have a charge when doing this
a) remove the battery and install it again , but dont put the power on b) press and hold this 3 buttons at the same time: "call " button / " * " button / "3" button c) while holding and pressing the 3 buttons, switch and press the power button and wait till a display appear on the screen.
if the screen is all white, the inside LCD is probably broke. The V3 razr are being assembled in india with crappy parts, you need to order a new display unit and have it installed or get a new phone, the unit is $45 US and can be bought online through ebay or if you call your provider they should replace it if your phone is still under warranty. The only problem with this is that if ANY of the water damage disks have been set off that voids your warranty, i had that problem and my phone has never ever been anywhere near water in the 11 months that i have had it and had to replace the display unit myself. A good place to get the unit from or have them install one is this guy in florida http://stores.ebay.com/RAZR-Screen-Repair-LCD-V3-V3c-SLVR.