If paper jam occurs frequently, wipe the pickup roller with a clean dampened cloth. Follow the steps below:
- Open Cover AB of the printer.
- Open the cover below the paper path roller.
- With a clean dampened cloth, wipe the pickup roller.
- Close Cover AB.
If the glass on the print head filter is dirty with toner, wipe it with a clean cloth. A vertical white line may appear in the printout. Follow the steps below:
- Open the front cover.
- Tilt the waste toner collector and pull it out.
- Grasp the handle of the print head filter with your fingers and gently pull it straight out of the slot. (**Note: Be careful not to spill toner that has accumulated on the print head filter. )
- With a clean cloth, wipe the glass surface of print head filter.
- Hold the print head filter by the handle and gently insert it all the way into the slot.
- Reinstall the waste toner collector.
- Close the front cover.
The print quality problem might be something as simple as turning off the Toner Save mode using the printer driver or the printer's control panel menus.
There may be a problem with the photoconductor unit. You may need to replace the photoconducter unit.
Or it might be something rather more serious (hopefully, not)Print out a status sheet. If a blank page is ejected, the problem may be with the printer. Turn off the printer and contact your dealer.