While i ma charging the same model (sandisk sansa e260 in my lap top, after few timmes the set shows like the "load main failed switch to recovery mode", I don't know how to solve this proble. please help me
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Run the recovery tool from the SanDisk website. Make sure you select "format" when prompted.
You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds)
- slide the hold switch into "hold" position.
- Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
Best of Luck.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Recovery Mode: download the update software and install then lock your sansa hold in the rec key on the left at the same time push the menu/power button this will take you to recovery mode then connect to the computer Start the update software if it doesn't start automatic go to /start /all programs /Sandisk/sansa updater/ sansa updater and start it up manually... follow instructions on the updater and the sansa. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95hLqZxCHc&feature=related here is a link to a kid showing you how to go to recovery mode. Update software from this link.. (http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/Installer/1082/SansaUpdaterInstall.exe) and install the software before you recover Usb mode in settings MSC is best, Updater recognizes it in this mode
if you still have the software that came with it (and installed) plug your sansa into your computer....the software should recognize it...then look for a button that says "repair" or "format" im not familiar with the exact program but i know your problem all too well...*shudder* what that will do is it will REMOVE all the songs from the sansa...but if their still on your computer you should be fine...then it reinstalls the firmware(the codes and software that make it work) then you just have to re-addall your music and your all set :) if this doesnt work feel free to repost here :P
You need to do the following:
1. Go to recovery mode by setting the hold mode to hold ,then press record button and power/menu button.
2. Connect to computer with USB cable as per meassage on sansa
3.Download an mi4 file from http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/mi4.html for your model
4. copy this mi4 file to the 16MB partition that appears for your sansa.
5. Disconnect then power down and on again.