My phone died 2 days ago and when I plugged it back in, it only turned on as far as the 4 icon opening flash screen. I tried the soft re-boot and taking out the battery but still the same screen remains. The keys light up but I cannot make any calls or do anything on it. Any suggestions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.Check the device's battery level for at least two bars of strength. 2.If the battery level is low, charge the battery. 3.If the issue is not resolved, remove the back cover. 4.Remove the battery. 5.Wait 10 seconds. 6.Press and hold the W key. 7.While pressing down the W key, re-insert the battery. •The device restarts and after approximately 15 seconds, the 'Recovery' screen appears •Release the power button but *continue holding the home button*, for another 30 seconds. Step Thanks
try to, borrow your friends batt and try, and if it's not working,, then here's what they gotta do put the cables in your fone and flash your fone with firmware and it will go back all to normal.. only prof's can do it, bring it to the center
I had similar symptoms as well until it finally died:
1) First started eating batteries like crazy, especially standard AA and rechargeables. The CRV3 seemed to work a bit longer.
2) One day out of nowhere the autofocus stopped working. I replaced the batteries and it worked again for 10 shots. Then the autofocus stopped working and battery died (with the lens stuck open). Pressing power, the LCD backlight flashes on, the LED in the view finder blinks, and the lens motor makes noise. Then nothing just stuck open.
3) Again new batteries and was able to close lens, take a few pictures and dead again with lens stuck open - same problem in 2.
4) Replaced the batteries a couple times and was able to get a shot or two off, and now its complete stuck open, even with brand new batteries - with same problem in 2 it just won't turn on.
I finally sent it to Samsung the week of Christmas. I called Friday 1/7/05 to check and had to leave a voicemail. They called back Monday 1/10/05 to let me know they recieved it and that I should call back Thursday to check its status.