Hello how you doing i have a problem with my dvd it is a goldstar GBV441 product and the problem is that on the screen it says progressive scan and i tried to do it but i coudn't do it maybe you can tell me how to do that or tell me where is the repair store for dvd
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, try a different DVD. If this activity is present for all your DVDs then the laser either has a dirty lens or the laser LED itself is starting to fail. If you know how to do it, you can try increasing the bias on the LED, but chances are that will only help for a while, and the laser will eventually burn out completely. It's time to start looking for a replacement unit, unless cleaning the laser lens fixes the problem.
If the unit reads other DVDs then obviously the DVD itself is defective and not the player.
The most possible thing which cause skipping and stalling display are this:
1) The optical lens of your player might have some dust or any small particles blocking the beam of the lens.
solution: if you have guts , open and clean the optic lens using cottons buds. It would not be advisable to apply any liquid to the buds for it my cause blurry or moisture to the lens.Also use cotton buds which is soft at the end and gently wipe the optic lens in circular motion.
if still the same problem? the 2nd cause would be:
2) this time it would be more technical. Most probably the resistance of your spindle motor already change (this normally happens to every DVD player) the normal resistance of spindle motor is around 200ohms. and if there's a change or drop of resistance this would cause skipping and sometimes cause not able to detect disc or read disc.
note: if you try my 1st suggestion and still the same problem.It is advisable to seek a help from a qualified technician.
Goldstar dvd/vcr combo was stuck in progressive scan. I used the posted solution and now it is out of progressive scan but it continuously reads the dvd and I cannot get the dvd to play. "Reading" conitues to appear on the screen. Any suggestions?
Stuck in Progressive Scan Mode??? Remove the disc(s) from the changer, make sure TV is on Blue Screen...should say "Progressive Scan Mode".......Simply press and hold the stop button for 5-10 seconds and it will reset.
Remove any DVDs from the disc player. You should be in Blue Screen mode on the TV...If it says "Progressive Scan Mode" ....make sure there is no DVD in it...close the disc changer and push and hold the "Stop" Button on the player, not the remote, for 5 seconds or longer. This has been proven to work every time!!!