Question about RCA OPAL M4001 MP3 Player

1 Answer

Did this ever happen to you

Did water ever get inside of the mp3 player. If so how can I get it out and if I can't can it be repaired.

Posted by cupcake15401 on

Ad

1 Answer

Anonymous

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 22 Answers

It can't be repaired. Trust me, if water gets into any electric device, it's fried and it also voids the warranty. Sorry.

Posted on Sep 16, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

Emerson mp3 player button is stuck

you do not fix that this thing can repair only experts people of that thing because it only happen when your buuton is gradually damaged or water fall to that button or where button placed that side circuit is damaged.
1helpful
1answer

Water inside the player now not working

If drying out the player in a warm spot for several days and if it still does not work, then most likely the player is damaged beyond repair.
0helpful
1answer

Rca mp3 fell into water.

Put it in a zip-lock bag filled with uncooked rice for a few days. The rice will absorb moisture.
1helpful
1answer

It only lets me listen to music in one ear

  • If you have a warranty I would definitely send it back to the manufacturer. Most companies will pay for shipping for warranty repairs as well. What sounds like has happened happens a lot. The plug the jack plugs into (inside the Mp3 player) gets a cold soldier joint or the jack on the ear buds gets caught on something one to many times and breaks a soldier joint loose.

  • I usually open the media players and reheat the soldier joints myself. If you have already tried a different pair of ear buds it is almost certainly the jack inside the MP3.

  • Hope this helps.
0helpful
1answer

I left my 2GB charging, and when I looked at it, the screen was frozen, I took out the charger, it went black, and now I can't turn it on

There could be a possibility that you've got either a defective battery or faulty components on the small circuit board inside.

What happened to your player is an indication that the battery could no longer hold a charge and/or some components became shorted.

Since most mp3 players have built-in batteries, I would suggest to contact the manufacturer and have them repair it for you.

Good luck!
1helpful
1answer

Sony NW E003F

Probably not. If it has been in water for more than three minutes, and it doesn't work afterwards, you may have any number of failures inside of your mp3 player. Repair will cost more than a replacement.
0helpful
1answer

WATER :-O PLEASE HELP

Hello scared2008,

I am sorry to hear about your MP3 player. Sadly, water and electronics do not get along. If the unit was submerged there is bound to be some damage. Still, there are some things you can do to minimize the damage,

First, make sure the unit is powered off and do not attempt to power it back on until you are sure it is completely dry both inside and out. If the battery pack is removeable take it out. Water will short out and damage components that have power applied to them.

Secondly, dry the unit thoroughly both inside and out. You can wipe water off the outside using a dry towel. For the inside, you can try using a handheld hair dryer. However, heat can also damage the unit so make sure you use a dryer with a "cool air" setting. Blow air into the unit through the headphone jack, USB port, etc.

Give the MP3 player plenty of time to dry out. Wait until you are sure it is completely dry. And then wait a few hours longer. Afterwards, you can try reinstalling the battery (if needed) and powering the unit up.

Even if you managed to get the power disconnected and everything dried out as quickly as possible, the sad fact is that the MP3 player may still have sustained major damage. Some electrical components are made of carbon paper and can absorb moisture. So, even if there wasn't an electrical short some of the electronics inside may not work.

It's possible that a unit with water damage may be repairable. You will want to contact he manufacturer about that repair if needed. Unfortunately water damage would probably not be covered by any warranty the unit might have, so you will probably have to pay for the repairs. Depending on the extent of the damage it may make better economic sense just to replace the unit with a new one.

Best Regards,
Ken
"Go Ahead. Use Us."
0helpful
1answer

M ipod broke

The water has damaged your ipod. It needs repair or replacement. Im not sure if warranty covers this.
0helpful
1answer

Should I fork out for repairs or just buy a new mp3?

personaly i do not think that it is worth it getting it repaired, what i would do is buy a cheap one for work so that if anything happens to it it wont matter(water,gets trodden on etc), and buy a desent one for the rest of the time
Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA OPAL M4001 MP3 Player Logo

Related Topics:

19 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Audio Players & Recorders Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

76625 Answers

Jean Sintulaire

Level 3 Expert

759 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6280 Answers

Are you a RCA Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...