Just got Windows Vista; Can't transfer pics from cam to PC
Before I got Windows Vista, all I had to do was plug in my camera with USB cable and my photos downloaded onto my PC. But afterwards, a lot of things like my scaner, my Norton and now my camera wouldn't work with Vista. Is there some sort of update I need like I needed with my scanner and Norton for my camera to work with my PC? Or do I need to buy a new one or something?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hookup the camera using the supplied USB cable. Turn on the Camera. And wait!!! Sometimes the VISTA PC will recognize the camera in a minute or two, sometimes longer. Turning the camera on and off will cause an icon to appear in the 'Computer' window momentarily, but it usually disappears!
I have taken many, many pics with my trusty 4100 and have been able to transfer ALL of them by exercising extreme patience.
Just keep checking the Computer window for the USB icon.
You need iLink (firewire/ IEEE1394/ DV) cable to transfer movei files from DCR-TRV265E to PC and PC should have DV port to plug-in.
USB cable will not give you such facility.
You can see iLINK cable here.
Please install software "Picture Package" CD came with camera. Connect USB cable to camera and other end of cable to PC. Windows XP or Vista will recognize it and install its drivers automatically. If camera is not recognized by Windows, go to camera Menu, enable USB Streaming and check. Hope info will help you.
Software for camera in a required in Windows computers And as you have Vista it is like not compatable anyway. Remove the software and simply plug the camera in Windows will recoginise it as an extra drive in 'My Computer. or Windows camera/scanner wizard will display
i think , when you bought your cam there must be a cable(usb cable) used for connecting your didgital cam with pc. if you are not having that cable then it won't be possible to connect or transfer your pics.
1. INSTALL THE CD PROVIDED WITH THE DIGICAM ON PC...EASYSHARE...AND THEN CONNECT THE CAMERA TO PC IN CONNECT MODE...IT WILL ASK U TO COPY THE PICTURE ON PC.
2. RIGHT CLICK ON THE REMOVABLE DRIVE WHICH IS SHOWN AFTER U PLUG THE CAMERA IN USB.....U WILL SEE FOLDERS INSIDE THE THAT DRIVE...DUBBLE CLICK THAT AND U WILL SEE THE PICS INSIDE...COPY IT AND PASTE IT ON PC IN THE FOLDER OF YOUR CHOISE