What is the difference in the optical and digital zoom?
Find the difference below
1. Digital zoom is a part of digital cameras, and camcorders, which helps to crop the entire image, and then digitally enlarge the size of the viewfinder of the portion that is needed to zoom in on
2. Digital zoom crops the image down to a centred area with the same ratio
as the original, and also interpolating the result back up to the pixel
dimensions of the original. this method involves cropping, hence the
resolution and quality is reduced
3. Digital zoom, crops a portion of the image and then enlarges it back to size. And due to this, image quality is reduced in comparison with the original one.
4. Using the digital zoom allows the user to get closer to the subject when the photographer wants to be discreet about taking pictures, like taking a picture of a person in a graduation ceremony.
1. While taking a picture using a Camera to want to get a close shot of the subject without moving physically closer, photographers use the optical zoom.
2. The optical zoom ratio of a digital camera measures how much the lens can actually zoom in to make subjects appear closer. Optical zoom, enlarges a picture while keeping the resolution and sharpness of the picture high.
3. There is no relation between optical zoom and the resolution of the photo, as optical zoom only enlarges the whole image or the subject to a certain range. So image quality only depends upon the mega pixel (MP) of the camera
4. Optical zoom is very useful, while taking a picture of a landscape, or to get a closer view of a subject, without reducing the quality of the entire image, like taking a picture of a Rainbow in the sky.
// Rate the solution with 4 thumbs up if the answer is satisfactory