Question about Epson Stylus CX6000 All-In-One InkJet Printer
This solved the problem for me. It assumes that you have only one Epson printer. (If you have more than one, you'll have to reinstall all of them.)
First delete your current printer. (Apple menu >> System Preferences >> Print & Fax. Select the printer and delete it.)
1. In the Finder, Go to /Library/Printers (Use the "Go" menu. Select "Go to Folder..." Type: /Library/Printers and click "Go")
2. Find the Epson folder and trash it.
3. Now go to /Library/Receipts and trash EpsonPrinterDrivers.pkg (or something like that; I'm relying on memory)
4. Empty the Trash and restart. (Epson recommends this.)
5. Fetch the CX6000 driver from the Epson site: http://snipr.com/20duf [www_epson_com]
6. Install the software, then restart your computer (even though the installer does not prompt you to do this).
7. In System Preferences >> Print and Fax, click the "+" to add a printer. If the printer is connected directly to your computer, it should automatically select the correct driver.
I went through a series of tedious support calls to get this info. The problem is a conflict between different Epson drivers. In other words, Epson rushed their software out the door without adequate testing, so you have to go through all these extra steps to accommodate their errors.
Posted on Feb 25, 2008
Two things come to mind. One, ensure that you have a direct connection to the printer (no hub) and that the cable is about 6-10 ft long. Two, it may may be the driver installation. Often deleting and reinstalling a driver from Epson's website may help. Ensure you install the driver FIRST before plugging in the printer.
Posted on Sep 09, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2014 | Toshiba estudio 255 Copier
Feb 21, 2010 | Dymo LabelWriter Thermal Printer
Feb 10, 2010 | Dell 1710n Laser Printer
Aug 15, 2009 | HP DeskJet 722c InkJet Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | Dell 3010cn Laser Printer
Jul 16, 2008 | Epson Printer
Jun 25, 2008 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Apr 16, 2008 | Lexmark X1240 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 13, 2008 | Canon imageCLASS MF8180C All-In-One Laser...
Usually answered in minutes!