Panasonic NN-S950BA Microwave Oven Logo

Question about Panasonic NN-S950BA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Too Much Steam?

I was trying to eliminate cooking odor in microwave and put a glass container of water with vinegar in micriwave to boil. The microwave steamed up and stopped working. The keypad is blank and unresponsive. Is there a "circuit breaker type" switch that can be reset? Please Help.

Posted by schoma on

Ad

1 Answer

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Panasonic Master
  • 9,179 Answers

It's possible that the vents got blocked. If it vents to the outside, look for debris in the vent exit at the side or attic of the home. If you're lucky, these will dry put (sometimes it helps to remove the cover) but sometimes the excess moisture gets in and cannot get out. This causes a keypad or control board failure. Please post an update if you still need help.

Posted on Sep 22, 2007

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

Rag burnt, is it safe to use the micro? The rag burnt badly, there was smoke and a strong bad smell persists. Is it safe to keep on using the micro, what can be done about the smell?

Hello -

It is probably safe to use the microwave oven after removing the burned smell.

I found some methods for removing a burned smell from a microwave.

From:
https://blog.bostonappliance.net/5-foolproof-ways-to-get-burnt-popcorn-smell-out-of-the-microwave/

(Quote)
1. Fill a bowl with 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
  • Microwave it for 4-5 minutes and leave it with the door shut for 10-15 minutes.
  • Steam will loosen smell-causing detritus stuck to the walls. Vinegar absorbs odors, even stubborn ones like burnt popcorn smell.
  • After the waiting period, remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave down with a paper towel
2. Not good enough? Okay - soak a sponge with vinegar.Place some baking soda on top and microwave the sponge for 25 seconds.
  • Wipe the inside of the microwave with the sponge.
  • Don't forget the glass tray and the microwave door.
3. If steps 1-2 don't remove all the grime, soak cotton balls with acetone-free nail polish remover and wipe down the inside of the microwave.
  • Even stubborn stains should come out.
  • Wipe down the inside with soap, then vinegar water, to remove the polish remover.
  • We recommend following through with step 4 to get rid of chemical smells.
4. Banish the remaining smells with the power of citrus.
  • Peel two oranges or slice a lemon in half.
  • Place the orange peels or lemon slices in a bowl of water (1-2 cups).
  • Microwave it for 4 minutes. Watch closely to ensure that the water stays in the bowl and the citrus peels do not burn.
  • If possible, leave the bowl in the microwave (with the door closed) for 12 hours.
  • Too time-consuming, or just not doable for you? That's okay too. Let the bowl sit in the closed microwave for half an hour then, if the burnt smell persists, continue to step 5.
5. Still bad odors in your microwave? Leave an open box of baking soda on your microwave tray overnight.
  • It will neurtalize the odor without adding to the smelly situation in any way.
  • You can also place coffee grounds from your morning coffee in a bowl in the microwave all day while you are at work.
  • If you don't mind coffee smell, you can microwave 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds in a half cup of water for 2-3 minutes to expedite the process.
(End quote)

Best wishes.
0helpful
1answer

We recently had a rag burnt in the microwave. The smell is awful. Is it safe to keep on using the microwave?

Microwaving cloth is not a good idea. Rather than drying out the moisture (or for whatever reason it was put in the oven), microwaving it will just make the water really, really hot! You could easily burn yourself trying to handle the item. The heat could also damage the fabric itself or even ignite it....which it looks like happened.

The microwave oven should be safe to use but you need to remove the odor.

A couple of ways to try to get rid of the burnt odor:
Fill a microwavable bowl with 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
  1. Microwave it for 4-5 minutes and leave it with the door shut for 10-15 minutes.
  2. Steam will loosen smell-causing detritus stuck to the walls. ...
  3. After the waiting period, remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave down with a paper towel.
A different way is put two tablespoons of baking soda in a microwave safe bowl and add a cup of water on top of that. Then put the bowl in the microwave for three minutes. The baking soda will kill the funky smells and the water will start to steam clean the spots and stains.
Good luck with your troubleshooting.
Helpful?
0helpful
1answer

Over cooked something in microwave and now inside is yellow. How can I return it to white?

Once the plastic is yellowed, there's not much you can do to remove the yellow discoloration. Just continue to use your microwave as usual. If a burnt smell remains, you can heat vinegar in the microwave which will help eliminate the horrible odor--like burnt popcorn!!!! Yuck!

..
0helpful
1answer

Microwave burn smell how to remove

put an ozone generator inside for 5-10min. Unplug the microwave, then run the ozone generator for 5-10min. IF that does not work you may need to start replacing plastic bits inside.
0helpful
1answer

Condensation between door glasses

This moisture can accumulate from certain types of cooking (lots of boiling) in the microwave or in extreme cases, from a blocked grease filter or exhaust vent duct.

Spills or large amounts of accumulated moisture should be wiped off. Minor amounts can dry out by themselves easier if you leave the door open after cooking.

Also, when boiling on the stovetop, you should always use the hood vent exhuast fan to keep steam and grease out of the controls and the door area of the microwave. I always recommend using the vent fan with any cooking on the stovetop.

As long as it is not rusting the metal mesh screen or other parts of the door, it can be allowed to dry out over a period of days with the door open.

If it is a convection microwave, using the convection heat will help it dry.
0helpful
1answer

How to get a burnt smell out of mocrowave

Mix some vinegar in a cup of water, put in microwave and set for 60 seconds, {may need more time} and wait till it starts to steam {may need to repeat} this will bind itself to the interior eliminating the burnt smell.
0helpful
1answer

My 7qt slow cooker glass cover doesn't have a small hole for the steam to escape, so while it's cooking it is continually lifting the cover spitting out water and dripping over the whole counter, is that...

The slow cooker works by heating the food up to around 85 degrees Celcius and should not boil. If you have it hot enough to boil place a tooth pick under the glass edge. That will let the steam out.
0helpful
1answer

I HAVE A GE MICROWAVE/BROWNER NODEL WES1384SM2SS. IT HAS STOPPED RUNNING. I CAN SET IT UP TO COOK BUT WHEN I HIT THE START BUTTON NOTHING HAPPENS.

Re: GE JES1384SF Mine quit working so I unplugged it and put a pot of boiling water in it and let the steam dissolve whatever was gumming things up. I used an electric hot plate to keep the water boiling. I let it boil for a couple of hours. I left the door 2/3 open. The microwave is working again. It is four years old and has been used every day, many times a day before it stopped working.
0helpful
1answer

Food left in the oven has left a smell even after thorough cleaning.what action should i take

Have you tried putting a microwaveable bowl with a mixture of water ,vinegar and some slices of lemons or oranges in your micro for about 2 minutes. It should help eliminate the bad odors and leave your microwave smelling freah and clean.
0helpful
1answer

Boiling water

This is not unusual, and it can reuslt in a nasty burn.

It may help if you be sure the sides of the container are wet before you heat it.

Also, after heating, if you push the microwave back and forth a little bit before opening the door, that may trigger the outburst in a safer manner.

Even better, if this happens a lot with a certain container, put a wooden (non-metallic) spoon in the container before you heat it.

Here's an interesting article about this from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave.asp

And an advisory from the FDA:
http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/consumer/erupted.html
Not finding what you are looking for?

239 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Panasonic Microwave Ovens Experts

Paul Bade

Level 3 Expert

1699 Answers

Oloyede Monsuru

Level 3 Expert

1468 Answers

Ekse

Level 3 Expert

13435 Answers

Are you a Panasonic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...