My router does not work, i get a cnnection for a sec and goes. The light 1 to 4 does not fash. I have connected the blue wire in the green socket and tried in the blue socket then to my ntl cable modem but still does not work.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Wireless G Router
You should have the cable modem connected to your routers WAN port, using the lan connector cable (RJ45 plug), then using another lan cable from the router number 1 port to your pc's network lan card, making sure the uplink button is not pressed in as this is if you wish to use more than one router on your network.
Go to control panel, network connections, right click on your network card>properties, then click the TCP/IP line and again click properties, then select 'obtain ip address automatically'.
go to your web browser then type in 192.168.2.1 which should take you into the router settings and look for DHCP clients and make sure DHCP is enabled and save settings.
Restart the pc and it should now connect.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In order to accomplish this, you will need a clear understanding of routers and their operation. Refer to the user manual that came with your router for specific instruction on how to configure the router. If you do not understand the operation of routers, it would be best for you to consult a friend or pay a professional technician to set your connection up.
1st you need a 4 port router or a modem/router combo 1 that has more than 1 port.
2nd you need to have enough CAT5 cable to get it to 1 of the empty ports on the router.
So basically the way you would hook it up if you are going to use 2 individual components is:
1. Unplug the CAT5 and power supply from your modem the one that goes to your puter.
2. Put the new router under or the side or underneath the modem.
3. The Ethernet cable that comes out of the modem plugs into the corresponding port on the router that doesn't have a number.
4. Now depending on how many ports you have I always put my puter in port 1 and then anything else goes in the other ports, you don't have to do it numerically.
1. Unplug the power from the Modem to the Router2. Plugin back the power into the Modem and wait 60 sec..3. Plugin back the power for the Router wait 60 sec..4. Plugin a lan cord from the router to the first wired PC5. See if you can get on the internet 6. Login to the Router and see if the Connection to the WAN is started? 7. If not started then unplug the wired lan cable and reset the router wait 30 secs to 45 secs before unplug the power then plug the power in again. Then connect the lan cable then connect to the GUI for WEB. Make your See if it connects to the WAN. 8. Test the Network WAN -Internet and LAN - Home Network. Take care
We have to change the MAC Address Cloning in the router,please follwo the below mentioned steps,
1.Type 192.168.2.1,you will get a Belkin router setup page
2.On your left hand side, Click on MAC Address or MAC Address Cloning
3.It will ask fopr password,leave it blank and click on submit
4.then click on Clone,(It will assign your computers mac to the Router) ,now click on Apply changes
5.Then unplug the power cable of both modem and router,after 10 secs put only to the modem,after all lights got lit up,put the power cable to Router.
6.Then check the lights in router u will have all the lights in blue or green.
7.Try to scan and connect.You will be able to connect to the internet in wireless
Try restoring the Belkin back to the factory default by powering up the Belkin and pressing the RESET button on the back of the Belkin for 7 secs. Then connect a LAN cable from the computer to the Belkin, open IE browser and type the configuration IP address and configure the wireless settings ie. SSID, encryption etc. The computer wireless cards will need to be configured with the Belkin wireless settings to allow them to communicate with the Belkin.
Sounds like it might be a bad USB dongle causing the problem. Have you tried another USB port on your computer to rule out a faulty dongle?
The other problem might be a faulty CAT-5 cable. Make sure that the cable is not be stepped on or rolled over by a chair. It is very easy to break the wires inside the cable and still get connections off and on.
Check these solutions and let me know your results.
please dont assign any manual addresses in ur computer..let it be automatic...
u said that u connected the computer to Ethernet ports in the router... check whether the light are lit in the router corresponding to that particular port.. check the ip address to that particular computer(hard wired to the router) ip address should be 192.168.1.100 or 101 or 102..if the ip addres comes in this range means its working good... if ther is no ip means please follow this steps...
1,connect the blue cable between the computer and the router(any 1 of the 4 ports in the
2,connect the other Ethernet cable between the Modem(came from ur internet people) and the
Router's Internet port(standalone port at the back of the router)
3,In the rear panel of the router u can see the reset button.with the help of the paper or
ball point pen,press it hardly and hold it for 1 minute..
4,Now turn off ur modem and the router..wait for other 1 minute..
5,turn onn only the modem first and wait till all the lights lit.now turn on the router and wait
till the power light is solid..open the internet Explorer it should work..