Blinking red light on tv over power button after pressing power on
Bought tv new in 2000, never been to the repair shop. when i power on the tv most times the red light on front of tv will blink. so i will unplug the tv from the electrical outlet for about 10 sec. then back in & you hear the normal click & the tv comes on and plays fine. i have been doing this for a year or so.am i getting in over my head? i have purchased a new tv but still using this one & i am interested in trying to fix it myself to give to a friend if parts are not to much,i have a variaty of knowledge ,i am a master auto tech. equip.repair in all kinds, repair most everthing around the house, refrigerator to new a/c install, but i am weak in this area & would thank you for surport.
Re: blinking red light on tv over power button after...
It sounds like your convergence IC's are going out.
This is a common problem. There are two IC'c that control multiple functions and they are a high failure part due to running hot. There are also some resistors in that same circuit that will sometimes overheat and change values. The only other thing it may be is a yoke going bad, which is a copper coil that fits over the tubes. I've seen two yokes go bad compared to 100's of convergence IC's so its more than likely the IC's. You could wait until it completely quits working, or you could fix it now, but it will only get worse. You are not really doing any damage by playing it like you are, its just an inconvenience. The total cost to repair the convergence circuit would be $225, and if it was a yoke it would be $25 more. I have all the parts in stock so if you decide to fix it let me know and we'll schedule a time. Thanks for your inquiry.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same problem on my Westinghouse 32 inch TV. The internal main power supply went bad and had to be replaced. I had a TV repair shop do it. It was about 8 years ago. Haven't had a problem since. I think it cost about $70 for parts and labor. Nowadays TVs are pretty much a throw away item if they go bad. TV repair shops are getting hard to find plus the cost of TVs has come down so much sometimes you can get a new set for what the repair would cost!
Mar 17, 2012 - 14 posts - 4 authors
We have had a Sony KDF E55A20 since January 2006 and it has been trouble free. ...The TV will switch on fine green power lights. Then after about 20 ... If I turn off and turn on the power light will flash red 5 times. Leave it off ...
Apr 6, 2012 - Uploaded by SonyListens
Sony TV - How to troubleshoot a red or blinking light ... and power lights, these easy steps will help you determine what the... 5:17. Easiest TV repair - How to Fix Power [TV turns off, freezes, ... Get video URL at current time.
Sep 26, 2014 - Uploaded by ShopJimmy.com
Panasonic Plasma 14 Blink Code Explained with Repair Info How to ... I guess I'll try the SC board and if that does not work simply save up for a new ... The red power led was flashing 12 timespause a few seconds then flash 12 again. ... It powers up and shows the green power light is on, but there's no ...
Oct 24, 2015 - More about : power light flashing wont turn ... December 20, 2013 10:12:55 AM ... sound like it is coming on then it shuts off and the red power light flashes slowly. ... 50in Plasma tv power light is flashing 8 times and won't turn on. ...tv to come on bcause the power button keep blinking my tv will not come on.
These blinks [flashes] are fault indication (Error Codes). From the number of blinks occur at one time switch ON, you can get an idea about the faulty circuit section inside it. This will make repair easy. These are called blinking codes. Make sure about the exact number of blinking of the standby/power LED, by switching On & OFF the set, for at least two times. Count it carefully. If you wish to get some details, check the site linked here. It has details about blinking codes, and fault locating procedure, to many popular brand TVs and other devices. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
Hi, Flashing red light in Sony tv indicates that tv got some internal problem and went on protection mode to avoid further damage. Now it needs service/ repair. Blinking red light also has an error code that has info about possible cause of problem, let me know how many times red light is blinking after 3 seconds ling pause and model number of your tv to provide you helpful info. Thanks.
Hi there. I have just bought the same television today and I have just found that the remote code 0156 does actually work. The mistake i initially made was not pressing the TV BUTTON after I had held in the SELECT and RED Buttons together, making the light blink twice. So here's what I did:
1. Press the TV button
2. Hold in the Select and Red Button until the red light flashes twice
3. Press the TV button again
4. Enter the code 0156 (The Red light will blink Twice again)
5. Test the controller - Try to change the volume
6. If it works, press SELECT one last time to save the settings.
hello here is how you get your remote to work...make sure tv is on step 1.hold down code search button till you see the red light step2. let go of code search button and hit TV once light should blink step3. press and release the power button while pointong a TV u ((may have to press the power button several times)) once the Tv powers off press the enter button once step4. press tv button and hit power
1. Turn TV on
2. Press TV key on remote.
3, Press and Hold magic button until red light blinks twice, it will blink once and then twice.
4. enter 991 red light will blink twice
5. Hit the power button
6. Aim the remote at the TV and press the channel plus button until the TV turns off.
7. Hit the magic button as soon as the TV turns off to store the code.
3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.
5. Key in the Brand Set code for your brand of TV then press select. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, re check the code for your TV and start again at step 1.
6. Press the on/off button (power-top right button on your Sky remote control).
If your TV switched off, press select . The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
If your TV did not switch off, press tv , then press the on/off button. Repeat this (press tv , then on/off) until your TV turns off, then press select.
If the light on your Sky remote control blinks three times, your Sky digibox has checked all the possible settings for the code you used. Check that you have the right 4 digit code and start again at step 1.
7. Press tv guide . If you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control setup process is complete.
If you did not see the TV Guide,you must now set the TV Guide function as follows:
8. Press tv on your Sky remote control.
9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.
10. Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV (For scart switching, this may be one of the other buttons on your remote e.g. help, i or a colour button).
11. Press select on your Sky remote control. The red light blinks twice. The remote control setup process is complete.