How do I change the water filter on a Frigidaire FRS6R5EMB
If it's the model I'm thinking of, it has a screw in filter cup up in the rear, upper right corner of the fresh foods section. Just twist that weird shaped cup on the bottom counter-clockwise and then pull down on it. It should come out with the filter in it. Then, just take out the filter, put a new one in, and then screw the filter cup back into place.
From a manual of a similar model to yours:
To change filter:
It is not necessary to turn the water supply off to change the filter.
1. Open freezer door and leave open until filter change is
2. Turn OFF side mounted ice maker by raising wire signal
arm to the UP position. Turn OFF rear mounted ice maker
by pressing ON/OFF power switch to the "O" position.
3. Hold filter cup firmly, and unscrew towards left (Some water
could leak out as you remove cup. This is normaL). Filter
cartridge should come down with cup. If cartridge remains in
housing, puli down gentl_; while twisting filter back and forth.
4. Rinse out cup under running water.
5. The large o-ring that seals the filter system fits in the o-ring
groove inside the cup. Should the o-ring fail out during filter
cartridge replacement, simply place it back in the groove
prior to screwing the cup back in place. If the o-ring becomes
damaged, you wiIIneed to order one from the Flectmtux
6. Discard old filter cartridge.
7. Remove new filter cartridge from packaging. Place in cup. The
end with the small o-ring should be up, out of the cup.
8. Screw cup, with filter, back onto housing. Do Not Use Wrench
To Reinstall Cup= Filter cartridge will self-align as cup is
tightened. Be sure cup is completely tightened with
PureSource TM logo facing outward. Do Not Tighten Past Stop.
9. Turn ON side mounted ice maker by lowering wire signal
arm to the DOWN position. Turn ON rear mounted ice
maker by pressing ON/OFF power switch to the 'T' position.
10. Check for Ieaks. Open refrigerator door. Wipe any water droplets
from the filter cup. Fi[Ia glass with water. If there is a leak,
unscrew filter cup, and reinsert the filter cartridge. Check
placement of large O-ring. Reinstall filter cup, making certain it is
11= To prime filter system and purge air from water line,
continue flushing the system for approximately 3 minutes
to assure that the purest water possible is stored in the
water tank. There win be noticeab[e spurts and sputters
as the system pushes air out through the system and
out the dispenser nozzle,This is normal.