Question about Abit SG-80 Motherboard
I have a acer aspire 3050 laptop,and my dvd ram drive has stopped working keep getting an error code 39 can anyboby help
Hi, the error code that you have is a known issue from Microsoft that needs a registry tweaks. Error code means "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)". You can click on this link for your reference http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us
To resolve this problem, remove the affected filter drivers. To do this, follow these steps:1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
Caution There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.
3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
This will surely help you resolve your issue. Good Luck!!!
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
To long winded to post the solution, click below for info http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_drive_error_code_39.shtml
Posted on Sep 01, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!